Coupon Buddy is an application created for the Conduit toolbar, and when installed it will display advertisements on Dell, Amazon, Walmart and other similar websites that you are visiting.
These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by Coupon Buddy.
Coupon Buddy is an extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome that is installed alongside with the Conduit toolbar via other free programs.
When you install these free programs, they will also install Coupon Buddy as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle Coupon Buddy include Brothersoft Toolbar, Conduit Toolbar and FBPhotoZoom.
Once installed, whenever you will browse Expedia, Best Buy, Facebook or any other similar websites, Coupon Buddy will show in the right top part of your browser, a box containing related keyword suggestions, ads and sponsored links.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Coupon Buddy browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Coupon Buddy Search and Toolbar – Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall Coupon Buddy Search from your computer
Coupon Buddy is installed with the Conduit toolbar, which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Coupon Buddy program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- Seach and uninstall BrotherSoft Extreme2 B1 Toolbar, Search Protected by conduit, Conduit Apps Toolbar and any other program developed by Conduit.
Please note that on some computers these programs might be renamed or missing, search for any program developed by Conduit or unknown application, and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the Coupon Buddy Search residual damage from your browser
Coupon Buddy is an application for the Conduit toolbar, so we will need to remove this unwanted program from your browser.
The Conduit toolbar may install several browser extensions, and will change your homepage and default search engine. to search.conduit.com.
Remove Coupon Buddy from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer again.
Remove Coupon Buddy from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window), and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish
Remove Coupon Buddy Search from Google Chrome
- Remove Coupon Buddy extensions from Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) BrotherSoft Extreme2 B1 Toolbar, Conduit Apps and any other unknown extensions from Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from search.conduit.com to google.com .
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select Google and click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
Search for Conduit Search in the Search Engines list, and click the X that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from search.conduit.com to its default.
The Conduit extension has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Remove Coupon Buddy Toolbar registry keys with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked, then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed, click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image. Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 5: Run a computer scan with HitmanPro
- Download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.