Delta is a program that offers a web search engine (delta-search.com) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs, and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Futhermore, this program will display ads and sponsored links in your search results, and may colect search terms from your search queries.
Delta Search got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker. For example, when you install MixiDj, you’ll also install the Delta Search, set your browser homepage to delta-search.com and change your default search engine to http://delta-search.com.However, when you uninstall vShare from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove Delta Search from your favorite web browser manually.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Delta Search Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall Delta Search from your computer
Delta Search has installed several programs on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Delta Search program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- Seach and uninstall Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect and Mixi.DJ from your computer.
Please note that on some computers these programs might have a different name, search for any program developed by Delta and uninstall it from your computer.
Because Delta is installed with other additional programs, we recommend that you search and uninstall any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the Delta Search residual damage from your browser
Delta Search has installed a browser extension developed by Montera Tehnologies, has changed your homepage to delta-search.com, and has changed your default search engine.
Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer
- Remove Delta Search add-ons from Internet Explorer.
When you uninstall Iminent for Internet Explorer from your computer, the Iminent add-ons should be automatically removed from Internet Explorer, however we need to check if they were uninstalled.
Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons.
From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Delta Toolbar, Delta Helper Object, and Yontoo add-ons, and click on Disable.
- Set Internet Explorer default search engine from Delta Search (delta-search.com) to Bing.
To change your default search engine, click on the gear icon , select Manage Add-ons, and then, under Add-on Types, click Search Providers.
Select Bing and on click the Set Default button.
To remove delta-search.com from Internet Explorer, select Delta Search and click on Remove.
- Change your Internet Explorer homepage from delta-search.com to its default
To change your homepage, click on the gear icon , select Internet Explore options, and in the General tab,under the Home page section, click on Use default to restore Internet Explorer default home page.
Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Delta Search extensions from Internet Explorer.
At the top of the Firefox window, click the orange Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
Select the Extensions tab, then remove Delta Toolbar, Mixi.DJ and Yontoo extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- Reset your default search engine and home page from delta-search.com to their default.
To reset your search engine and homepage to their default, we will use the SearchReset extension.This add-on is very simple: on installation, it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
You can download SearchReset from the below link, and then we will just need to install it to revert Firefox to its default settings.
SEARCHRESET DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open another web page from where you can download the SearchReset Firefox extension)
Remove Delta Search from Google Chrome
- Remove Delta Search extensions from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Delta Toolbar, Mixi.DJ and Yontoo extensions from your Google Chrome.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from Delta Search to Google.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select Google and click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
Search for Delta Search in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from delta-search.com to its default.
The Delta Search has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Remove Delta Search registry keys with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked, then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed, click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image. Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 5: Run a computer scan with HitmanPro
- Download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.