Delta is a program that offers a web search engine (delta-search.com) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs, and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Futhermore, this program will display ads and sponsored links in your search results, and may colect search terms from your search queries.
Delta Search got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker.
For example, when you install MixiDj, you’ll also install the Delta Search, set your browser homepage to delta-search.com and change your default search engine to http://delta-search.com.
However, when you uninstall vShare from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you’ll have to remove Delta Search from your favorite web browser manually.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Delta Search Removal Instructions
This page is a comprehensive guide, which will remove Delta Search pop-ups from your computer, and any other adware program that may have been installed during the the setup process.
Please perform all the steps in the correct order. If you have any questions or doubt at any point, STOP and ask for our assistance.
STEP 1: Uninstall Delta Search malicious programs from your computer
STEP 2: Remove Delta Search pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
STEP 3: Remove Delta Search adware with AdwCleaner
STEP 4: Remove Delta Search virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
STEP 5: Double-check for the Delta Search infection with HitmanPro
STEP 1 : Uninstall Delta Search from your computer
In this first step, we will try to identify and remove any malicious program that might be installed on your computer.
- To uninstall the programs that are responsible for the Delta Search redirect from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, BitGuard, BrowserProtect and Mixi.DJ and any other unwanted or recently installed programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed the Delta Search infection, the above programs may have a different name or not be installed on your computer.
If you cannot find the program that is responsible for the Delta Search redirect, you can proceed with the next step.
If you are having issues while trying to uninstall the Delta Search malicious programs, you can use Revo Uninstaller to completly remove the unwated programs from your machine.
STEP 2 : Remove the Delta Search residual damage from your browser
Delta Search has installed a browser extension developed by Montera Tehnologies, has changed your homepage to and default search engine to delta-search.com.
Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer
- Remove Delta Search add-ons from Internet Explorer.
Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons.
From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Delta Toolbar, Delta Helper Object, and Yontoo add-ons, and click on Disable.
- Set Internet Explorer default search engine from Delta Search (delta-search.com) to Bing.
To change your default search engine, click on the gear icon , select Manage Add-ons, and then, under Add-on Types, click Search Providers.
Select Bing and on click the Set Default button.
To remove delta-search.com from Internet Explorer, select Delta Search and click on Remove.
- Change your Internet Explorer homepage from delta-search.com to its default
To change your homepage, click on the gear icon , select Internet Explore options, and in the General tab,under the Home page section, click on Use default to restore Internet Explorer default home page.
Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Delta Search extensions from Internet Explorer.
At the top of the Firefox window, click the orange Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
Select the Extensions tab, then remove Delta Toolbar, BitGuard, Mixi.DJ and Yontoo extensions from Mozilla Firefox.
- Reset your default search engine and home page from delta-search.com to their default.
To reset your search engine and homepage to their default, we will use the SearchReset extension.This add-on is very simple: on installation, it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
You can download SearchReset from the below link, and then we will just need to install it to revert Firefox to its default settings.
SEARCHRESET DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open another web page from where you can download the SearchReset Firefox extension)
Remove Delta Search from Google Chrome
- Remove Delta Search extensions from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Delta Toolbar, Mixi.DJ and BitGuard and any other unknown extensions by clicking the trash can icon.
Basically, if you have not installed an extension, you should remove it from your web browser.
- Set Google Chrome default search engine from Delta Search to Google.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
In the Search Engines dialog that appears, select Google and click the Make Default button that appears in the row.
Search for Delta Search in the Search Engines list, and click the X button that appears at the end of the row.
- Change Google Chrome homepage from delta-search.com to its default.
Delta Search has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu button, then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Remove Delta Search redirect from your computer with AdwCleaner.
The AdwCleaner utility will scan your computer and browsers Delta Search malicious files and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Scan button as shown below.
AdwCleaner will now start to search for Delta Search malicious files that may be installed on your computer.
- To remove the Delta Search malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button.
STEP 4: Remove Delta Search virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Delta Search malicious files as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 5: Double-check for the Delta Search infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link, then double-click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for Delta Search malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
Your computer should now be free of the Delta Search infection. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.
If you are still experiencing problems while trying to remove Delta Search from your machine, please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum.