“I Want This” is an ad-supported software developed by 215 apps, which will add an “I Want This!” button and display targeted advertisements within the web pages you are viewing.
“I Want This” is an extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome that is typically added when you install other free programs. When you install these free programs, they will also install “I Want This” adware as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle I Want This include 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
The “I Want This” button will appear each time you are purchasing a product, and clicking the button adds items you want to your wishlist and automatically posts them to your wall on your Facebook page. After some time browsing around in your favorite shopping sites, this adware will start to display ads from third party companies and affiliates.
In addition, “I Want This” collects information about the websites you visit and the searches you perform using your favorite web search engines, and IP address, zip code, and country you live in.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this I Want This browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
“I Want This” Adware – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall I Want This from your computer
I Want This has installed a program on your computer (I Want This by 215 apps) which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall I Want This from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are a Windows 8 user, you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- Search and uninstall I Want This from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers or missing, search for any program developed by 215 apps or Innovative apps, and uninstall it from your computer.
Because I Want This is installed with other additional programs, we recommend that you search and uninstall any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the I Want This residual damage from your browser
Remove “I Want This” from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select I Want This plugin, and click on Disable.
Remove “I Want This” from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove I Want This extension from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove “I Want This” from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove the I Want This extension by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, the browser add-on might have a different name, if you can’t find I Want This on your list, then carefully look for any other extension developed by Innovative Apps or 215 apps, and remove it from your browser.
STEP 3: Remove I Want This registry keys with Adwcleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Scan your computer for malware
Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
Run a computer scan with HitmanPro
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.