Savings Sidekick is an potentially unwanted program that will display their own ads on eBay,Best Buy,Facebook and other websites that you are visiting.These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by Savings Sidekick.
Savings Sidekick is an add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome that is typically installed when you install other free programs. When you install these free programs, they will also install Savings Sidekick as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle CouponDropDown include 1ClickDownload, Yontoo, and FBPhotoZoom.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Savings Sidekick. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Savings Sidekick Ads – Adware Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall Savings Sidekick from your computer
Savings Sidekick has installed a program called Savings Sidekick Toolbar on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Savings Sidekick program from your computer,click the Start button, click on Control Panel,the select Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP users)
- Search and uninstall Savings Sidekick from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might be renamed, if you can’t find Savings Sidekick on your list,then carefully look for any suspicious program and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the Savings Sidekick residual damage from your browser
Remove Savings Sidekick from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Savings Sidekick and click Disable.
Remove Savings Sidekick from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove Savings Sidekick from Firefox.
Remove Savings Sidekick from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Savings Sidekick extension.
STEP 3: Remove Savings Sidekick registry keys with Adwcleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.