“Save As Deal Finder” is an adware program that displays offers, coupons and advertisements via a “See Similar” button on Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and other shopping websites that you are visiting.
The “Save as Deal Finder” pop-up ads will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by “Save as Deal Finder powered by SuperFish”.
“Save as Deal Finder” is an extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome that is typically added when you install another free software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this adware program. When you install these free programs, they will also install “Save as Deal Finder” as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle “Save as Deal Finder” include 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
Once installed, whenever you will visit Expedia, Best Buy, Facebook or any other similar websites, “Save as Deal Finder” will display on product images a “See Similar” button, which when clicked will show you ads by “Save as Deal Finder”.
“Save as Deal Finder” may also display ads within your browser, and as you visit shopping websites, it will show coupons and other deals available on that website.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Save as Deal Finder Superfish adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
“Save as Deal Finder” Popup Ads – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall ”Save as Deal Finder” from your computer
- To uninstall “Save as Deal Finder” from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Save as Deal Finder, WindowShopper and any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this “Save as Deal Finder” adware, the above programs may have a different name.
We recommend that you uninstall any software developed by Superfish LLC, and any other unknown programs from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the “Save as Deal Finder” residual damage from your browser
Remove Save as Deal Finder powered by SuperFish from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Save as Deal Finder, WindowShopper and ny other unknown extensions, then click on Disable.
Remove Save as Deal Finder powered by SuperFish from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove Save as Deal Finder and WindowShopper extension from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Save as Deal Finder powered by SuperFish from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove the Save as Deal Finder and WindowShopper extensions by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this browser add-on might have a different name, if you can’t find “Save as Deal Finder” on your list, then carefully look for any other unknown or unwanted extension and remove it from your browser.
STEP 3: Remove “Save as Deal Finder” registry keys with Adwcleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Remove “Save as Deal Finder” malicious files from your computer
Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove “Save as Deal Finder”
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
Run a computer scan with HitmanPro to remove “Save as Deal Finder”
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.