“Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” is an adware program that displays offers, coupons and advertisements either via a “See Similar” button or browser pop-ups on Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and other shopping websites that you are visiting.
The “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” pop-up ads will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder powered by SuperFish”.
“Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” is an extension for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome that is typically added when you install another free software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this adware program. When you install these free programs, they will also install “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” include 1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
Once installed, whenever you will visit Expedia, Best Buy, Facebook or any other similar websites, “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” will display on product images a “See Similar” button, which when clicked will show you ads by “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder”.
“Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” may also display ads within your browser, and as you visit shopping websites, it will show coupons and other deals available on that website.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Savings-Magnet Deal Finder Superfish adware. Be very careful what you agree to install.
Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
“Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” - Virus Removal Guide
STEP 1 : Uninstall “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” from your computer
- To uninstall “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel“. Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there, then select Uninstall a program.
- When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall ContinueToSave and any other unwanted or unknown programs from your computer.
Depending on what program has installed this “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” adware, the above programs may have a different name.
We recommend that you uninstall any software developed by Superfish LLC, and any other unknown programs from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” residual damage from your browser
Remove Savings-Magnet Deal Finder from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right), then select Manage add-ons.
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select ContinueToSave and ny other unknown extensions, then click on Disable.
Remove Savings-Magnet Deal Finder from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove ContinueToSave extension from Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Savings-Magnet Deal Finder from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove the ContinueToSave extension by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this browser add-on might have a different name, if you can’t find ContinueToSave on your list, then carefully look for any other unknown or unwanted extension and remove it from your browser.
STEP 3: Remove “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” adware with AdwCleaner.
The AdwCleaner utility will scan your computer for “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” files and registry keys, that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
- You can download AdwCleaner utility from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting AdwCleaner, close all open programs and internet browsers, then double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run AdwCleaner, please allow it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner program will open, click on the Search button as shown below.
The program will now start to search for “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” files that may be installed on your computer. When it has finished it will display a notepad screen that contains a log file of all the Beamrise extensions, files, and registry keys that have been detected. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, please close the Notepad window and continue with the next step.
- To remove the Beamrise malicious files that were detected in the previous step, please click on the Delete button on the AdwCleaner screen.
AdwCleaner will now prompt you to save any open files or data as the program will need to reboot the computer. Please do so and then click on the OK button.
- AdwCleaner will now delete all detected adware from your computer. When it is done it will display an alert that explains what PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and Adware are. Please read through this information and then press the OK button. You will now be presented with an alert that states AdwCleaner needs to reboot your computer.
Please click on the OK button to let AdwCleaner reboot your computer.
STEP 4: Remove “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder” malicious files from your computer
Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder”
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
Run a computer scan with HitmanPro to remove “Savings-Magnet Deal Finder”
- You can download HitmanPro from the below link, then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.