“Search Enhance” is a potentially unwanted program that will take over the search from found on different websites, and replacing the search query results with sponsored links.
“Search Enhance” is an add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome that is typically added when you install other free programs. When you install these free programs, they will also install “Search Enhance” as well. Some of the programs that are known to bundle “Search Enhance” include 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
Once installed, whenever you will try to use a search form on Ebay,Amazon,Facebook or any other websites, “Search Enhance” will hijack this form and replace it with their own. You will have the possibility to perform a Site Search or Web Search via yousear.ch, giving you affiliate links from which the developers of this extension will colect revenue.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this “Search Enhance”. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
“Search Enhance” Browser Hijack – Adware Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall ”Search Enhance” from your computer
“Search Enhance” has installed a program called Search Enhance on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Search Enhance program from your computer,click the Start button, click on Control Panel,the select Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP users)
- Search and uninstall Search Enhance from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might be renamed, if you can’t find Search Enhance on your list,then carefully look for any other program developed by 215 Apps or Excellent Apps ,and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the “Search Enhance” residual damage from your browser
Remove “Search Enhance” from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select Search Enhance and click Disable.
Remove “Search Enhance” from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove Search Enhance from Firefox.
Remove “Search Enhance” from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove the Search Enhance extension, by clicking on the Recycle Bin next to the plugin.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, the browser add-on might have a different name, if you can’t find Search Enhance on your list,then carefully look for any other extension developed by Search Enhance ,and remove it from your computer.
STEP 3: Remove “Search Enhance” registry keys with Adwcleaner
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Scan your computer for malware
Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
Run a computer scan with HitmanPro
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on the Next button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for malware, as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove these malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.