13 best cloud storage services 2015: Dropbox vs Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
How to choose a cloud storage service

It’s really quite surprising how much free cloud storage you can get these days. Signing up to free services from Google, Mega, Microsoft and a host of others will give you many gigabytes of space where you can store your photo library, important documents, or music.

To help you choose between the myriad providers, we’ve hand picked what we consider to be the best cloud storage services and put them through their paces to see which ones are worthy of your treasured data. Some focus on high security, others on cross platform availability, but it’s safe to say that most of them are an excellent choice if you want to bolster you ailing hard drive or simply backup some files to an easily accessible folder in the cloud.

Choosing which service to use will depend on several factors - the variety of devices you use, the amount of space you need, and the level of security your data requires. As well as covering the most popular services to see just how much you can get for nothing, we also explain the extras some services offer which make it worth paying a small fee per month or year to keep you files online.​

Find out more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-cen...dropbox-google-drive-onedrive-icloud-3506734/

Mod Edit: Do not copy whole articles, and remember to post a Source (for any obtained information).

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Of all those > 5GB with no file size limit, the only one I've found to support symbolic links is Copy.com

In the Copy folder, I make a symbolic link to my Documents and a few other folders and Copy replicates changes in real-time to the cloud. It's browser interface also updates in real-time (no need to hit refresh). OneDrive, Google Drive, MEGA don't support this.

A batch file to set that up (modify for your needs):
Code:
SET SERVICEPATH=%USERPROFILE%\Copy
FOR %%G IN (%SERVICEPATH%) DO IF NOT EXIST "%%G" mkdir "%%G"
FOR %%G IN (.towns,.VirtualBox,Contacts,Documents) DO IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\%%G" IF NOT EXIST "%SERVICEPATH%\%%G" mklink /D "%SERVICEPATH%\%%G" "%USERPROFILE%\%%G"
IF NOT EXIST "%SERVICEPATH%\Saved Games" mklink /D "%SERVICEPATH%\Saved Games" "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games"
IF NOT EXIST "%SERVICEPATH%\Public Documents" mklink /D "%SERVICEPATH%\Public Documents" "%PUBLIC%\Documents"
pause

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I use for my so call the Big 3 which are Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive; I'm heading only to the starter free capacity of GB which totally fine but as I own a external HDD 1TB then a matter for occasional purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.