Not open for further replies.

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Is the protection still inferior to Internet Security?
I do not think, I realized that this update real-time protection is far more effective and fast.

But if you're enjoying the 360 IS does not change, continue with it.

Reactions: Kent and NSG001

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
How is the memory usage with B and A engines enabled ?

Reactions: yigido

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
How is the memory usage with B and A engines enabled ?

RAM USAGE : 200 MB

360_TOTAL_SECURITY_5_RAM_USAGE.jpg

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I really hate that I have to manually go to their site and download the update. Then what the hell is the programme doing when it says checking for programme update when it's updating. Seriously they could totally fix this in a patch but they don't.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I agree, I tested multiple packs of malware and they now all get detected once I unzip, last time I still had to manually scan the folder for it to detect even though the active protection was on. Also I think the chrome extension is slightly better now, it used to be really sluggish and may or may not block the website even though it knows it's a bad website (firefox extension worked perfectly fine). Good update but could be better like maybe bringing back the keylogger protection that they removed a while back.

Reactions: nissimezra

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I wish they update 360 IS :(. It was so better than 360 TS. True 64 bit program, very less memory usage, wit 3 engines it detects more than 360 TS, no junk features.

Yeah this is true. In 360 TS, there is a background service running 360 Total Security that's around 150MB :eek:

In 360 TS
Total memory consumption = 163.4MB

310dZ3v.png

In 360 IS
Total memory consumption = 24.3MB

herzJoA.png

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I tried the TS, heavy, to much junk cleaners that cant be disabled, to many unneeded features, horrible AV.

I sure hope that 360IS will be continue. I will keep using IS until its dead then go back to MSE:(

Lets try to push via them email to continue 360IS

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I tried the TS, heavy, to much junk cleaners that cant be disabled, to many unneeded features, horrible AV.

I sure hope that 360IS will be continue. I will keep using IS until its dead then go back to MSE:(

Lets try to push via them email to continue 360IS

and too many false positives....Wish IS version would be back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.