App Review 360 Total Security 6.2 Final Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
R

Ramona

Very poor review, you need to click on protection on and set from there how you wanna have the engines and other settings. In the end you need to reboot and then scan with Malwarebytes and Hitman.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Very poor review, you need to click on protection on and set from there how you wanna have the engines and other settings.

While I can respect criticism I have to disagree with your statement. 360 makes it appear very simple to turn on both engines right from the Virus Scan tab. I saw no reason after simply sliding both engines to the "green" position that any further action was required to activate real-time protection (as I feel a good deal of people would make the same assumption that I did). If you witnessed any indications that additional instructions were required to fully activate the engines please share.

In the end you need to reboot and then scan with Malwarebytes and Hitman.

And where did you read instructions about running Hitman Pro and Malwarebyte's? ;)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Interesting that Microsoft SmartScreen flagged every file that 360 flagged.
Also, if the UI is so complicated that one cannot tell what engine is doing what, it needs to be made simpler.
Overall - good review that exposed some shortcomings.

Reactions: MDTechVideos

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I do respect your reviews,but with this one i can't respect it,in this test it looks like your trying to give this product bad rep,firstly on other products you does find all configurations so why is it you tap dancing around the lightning bolt sign,ain't using all configuration and insinuating that 360 is misleading people about the activation of both avira & bitdefender engines,boss why review a tool if you don't know how it operates.:)

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I have to agree with Malware Doctor here, when you move the sliders to green on the engines there is no indication that realtime protection is not enabled and this should be made clear so the user knows exactly the protection they are getting. I think this was a very fair review and as always well done Doc!

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I does respect your reviews,but with this one i can't respect it,in this test it looks like your trying to give this product bad rep,firstly on other products you does find all configurations so why is it you tap dancing around the lighting bolt,ain't using all configuration and insinuating that 360 is misleading people about the activation of both avira & bitdefender engines,boss why review a tool if you don't know how it operates.:)

I have been specifically requested multiple times to test 360 with both engines enabled. I do not think of this as a "lack of understand" of how the product performs more than a demonstration of how innocent this huge discretionary appears to me (if Bitdefender and Avira are being shown as turned on I truly believe many people would think they are being protected by those engines in real time). Also I was not too impressed that no malware was blocked by 360 (during the actual execution of the malware samples). All that was blocked were "unrecognized programs" which could be just about anything. One or two is okay but when the entire test is filled with alerts like this it would give someone the impression that 360 is built around a whitelist. Nothing is wrong with a whitelist but when this is the main line of defense you are asking for problems down the road. The preceding was my opinion and as I always say, take from it as you wish. :)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Capture.PNG

I understand your point,but i just post this to let you see.

Last edited:

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
To reboot so 360 can remove all files (processes), to safely remove all objects. I don't wanna bash you, I just wanna say a few things that are in my head. About the engines enable it says on website that you have protection levels for maximum protection.

Sorry if I was a little hard on you :'(

We are good as everyone is entitled to their opinions. I can understand your point but as apparent from my earlier remarks I tend to lean the other way.

View attachment 54961
I understand your point,but i just post this to let you see.

Thanks for sharing. :)

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Hi all,

This is just a friendly warning.

If you use any product that connects to servers in China over http,then you are vulnerable to man in the middle attacks. Anything less than https can be intercepted by China's new internet weapon called "Great Cannon" which was used in the recent ddos attack on GitHub. here is the research on how it works. All security conscious web users should read this.

https://citizenlab.org/2015/04/chinas-great-cannon/

Can the moderator please tell me why all of a sudden my post are being moderated before posting,as this is the first time I have ever been held up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Can the moderator please tell me why all of a sudden my post are being moderated before posting,as this is the first time I have ever been held up.

It specifically happens for the Community Reviews Section. Generally so long as the message is not spam or a one word answer it will be approved by staff.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

f1computerexperts

Feb 10, 2014
MalwareDoctor, this is another great review. I had no idea that the other engines weren't being used even though they were activated through the virus scan section. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that this is not an area of concern. I install TS360 as a free service to customers not wanting to pay for an antivirus. I want them to have the best protection possible and clearly your review shows this is not happening. Luckily, I have had very few computers come back. Thanks again for the review(s) and I trust them completely as being both fair and objective.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.