Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
On their website, they have 2 separate TSE versions from what I can gather:

TSE and the Enhanced version.

Couldnt find any info between those. Anyone care to clarify?

Also, those using TSE (not TS), can you please let me know the idle RAM usage and full scan CPU usage?

Thanks

PS: also on TSE, does anyone know what bugs were fixed exactly? their change log only shows Bug Fixes.

I am aware TSE is the former IS.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
You are correct that Internet Security is now called Total Security Essentials. After its done checking it drops down to around 20% ram usage on my system and around 1 to 3% cpu usage.

Reactions: WinXPert

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The standard Total Security Essentials is less than 25MB, but the Enhanced version is over 100MB. My guess would be it includes offline definition files.

If you click download, Full will appear in the executables name.

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
I think in TSE only qihoo own engine is active and it will download download bitdefender or avira engine if you enable them but in TSE Enhanced, just like in previous internet security, bitdefender engine is also present in downloaded installer(i don't know enough about avira engine but i think it is also present in installer).
In TS, along with TSE features, some pc optimzing tools like speedup,clean up are also present.

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
When i registered, the difference between 360TS and 360TSE is only the removal of "ballast".
360TSE has all engines such 360TS (basis + BD + Avira + sandbox). If you want a bonus "nonsense" - 360TS is your "horse" :D

Reactions: starchild76

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I cannot download either TSE or TSEE. seems to be blocked by ISP or page goes blank (timeout). will try again later.

Was looking at 360 to replace McAfee SaaS on the shared system as its about to run out and I rather not add another year yet.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The only differences between ''Essentials'' and ''Total'' security are the cleaning/speed up system features.
If you enable extra engines (Bitdefender/Avira) ram usage goes extremely high in both versions (over 200MB if i remember well).

If you like to use Qihoo i suggest you download the ''Essentials'' version....

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks.

Any answers on the changelog question in 1st post?

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
is it true that enhanced version already included bitdef and avira engine? or just bitdef?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I downloaded it yesterday. It automatically downloaded bit defender with this version. Avira is optional in this version. Should I download Avira.?? Thanks! marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Downloaded it yesterday & Bitdefender was included in the download. Avira was not automatically downloaded like bitdefender. Should I enable Avira or not.? Thanks.! marg

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
That's basically what Quihoo told me that Bitdefender was sufficient.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
The main diferences are: 360 Total Security has speed up, is translated to more languages and have a clean tool.
360TS(Essentials) has the same engines: qihoo cloud ; system repair by qihoo, QVMII AI engine; bitdefender and Avira engines but this 360TSE don't has speedup nor clean tools like 360Total Secutity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.