Battle 360 Total Security (with both Bitdefender and Avira enable) vs Comodo Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Which one give better protection and more secure? 360 Total Security (with both Bitdefender and Avira enable) vs Comodo Internet Security?

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Both are good AV's but as Terry pointed out quite different animals. I think I used Comodo way back when but, my computer did not have the RAM to run it well. 360 TS is doing a fine job for me at the present time. Its light and fast.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
This is very easy
Undoubtedly 360TS, I disagree with the policy of Comodo, not having as much attention as it should on your AV engine, which by the way walking in decline, just think of proactive defense (I know it is important, the future of the suites, most can not forget there are many lay users). Qihoo is very fast, easy to set up (more languages lacking and fix the bug of Avira and Bit engines do not update), excellent detection in doubt, provide reasonable proactive defense, strongly recommend.
I would never use Comodo Av, I prefer to Windows Defender, maybe give it a try for your firewall. Qihoo wins this contest with large clearance This is my opinion # :) I also recommend ESET or Emsisoft ...,

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
First of all, these two software are quite different. Comodo IS includes different modules and of course a firewall (which is still great in my opinion). But, gotta say that 360 TS wins this round. Comodo is used to have great detection rates but it is not as good as 360 these days.. Feeling sad, actually, I'm really sad..I was one of their long-time supporters... :( Missing the old days of Comodo..

Šovelén

Level 3
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
Tests that I have seen do not reach for 360 something extra and Comodo (with the great firewall) in them turns better. But practically I do not know, I have not, even I not going have'm ;)

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
Its complicated according to detection rates 360 wins hands down
But in zero day guard Comodo wins hands down

They both are good products, now it on you if you want better detection or zero day protection.

Reactions: Littlebits

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i'm using 360 total security its userfriendly detection is very good its fast,light does the job ;) and its getting updated quickly only one thing it lacks is a good forum so that members can interract and report bugs easily.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Comodo, depending on configuration, can be stronger than 360 vs. 0-day malware. But that is because of its Host Intrusion Prevention System and its Sandbox, not because of its detection capabilities. 360 (IS or TS) is a lot better at detection.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Comodo, depending on configuration, can be stronger than 360 vs. 0-day malware. But that is because of its Host Intrusion Prevention System and its Sandbox, not because of its detection capabilities. 360 (IS or TS) is a lot better at detection.

Only you & marg seem to understand why i said water & oil total different:)

Last edited:
Reactions: koliko

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Its complicated according to detection rates 360 wins hands down
But in zero day guard Comodo wins hands down

They both are good products, now it on you if you want better detection or zero day protection.
Totally agree.The Comodo's lack of high detection rates is covered superbly by the other security modules.I chose CIS in a heartbeat.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Neither one, 360 Total Security with two AV engines flags way too many false positives most from BitDefender.
Comodo requires too much manual maintenance and tweaking to allow safe processes and is know to cause problems with Windows.

Much better options than both of these.

Enjoy!! :D

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
difficult to choose which one? it depends on who has what computer, and from that who likes what, and the pros and cons of the program.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.