Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hello,

I am using the latest 6.x.x version right now on Windows 8.1 x64.

Do the "Online Shopping Protection" and "Malicious Website Blocking" modules not work on Windows 8.1 x64?

By default, the Bitdefender and Avira engines are both disabled. Should I only enable the Bitdefender engine or use both of them along with the default ones?

Any other important settings to enable/disable?

I am new to this program. Previously, I was using the Internet Security version of Qihoo.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Yes it works in Qihoo TS.

By default it will work for IE. To work it on Chrome and Firefox you need to install the Addons in the browser.
In case you are using any other browser then it won't work.

S

Sr. Normal

I have activated all engines, If your computer does not slow down is the best.

In Settings > General have the option to install the extension for Chrome and Firefox

90QO1Gx.png

Reactions: Kent and tonibalas

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Ok, even after having that plug-in installed, it still shows "install" under settings/general.

S

Sr. Normal

Ok, even after having that plug-in installed, it still shows "install" under settings/general.

Ok, is it like in the image that I have put above?, if it is like that it is nice, always it is like that for that in the future you can establish a browser based on Chrome or on Firefox and simply stinging in the cabin already would have it installed

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Ok, is it like in the image that I have put above?, if it is like that it is nice, always it is like that for that in the future you can establish a browser based on Chrome or on Firefox and simply stinging in the cabin already would have it installed

Yes, it's still showing that.

S

Sr. Normal

Ok , it 's perfect. Have a great antivirus , if like me , you've got the windows firewall , be sure to have marked the last box in Settings > General: 360 auto protection .
I use it to surf the internet (much) , download movies ( something) and programs of secure pages ( manufacturer , giveaways ... ) so I removed the firewall as before (Online Armor free ) and stay with that of windows . well try it , if you think you need to put a different firewall I will be happy to help you in what I can. :)
Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.