Battle 360 TS vs Kaspersky Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Hello, MT! I decided to create an interesting pool, in my opinion. As heard in the last days, Quihoo received many positive opinions at their security products. Will Quihoo detronate Kaspersky soon? I'm curious what product do you choose between 360 Total Security and Kaspersky Internet Security 2014! :D

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
This question of who is better is very relative.
Both are very good, but you got to see some situations.
You can pay by Kaspersky license, or already have a license? 360TS is free. Second thing: Test both and see which you like best and fits you.
Now in my own experience: Kaspersky undoubtedly. Why:
360TS still has many bugs as the upgrade engine, it is unacceptable for me, installed here had many false positives, detected the video drivers my mother board as a poss trojan, detected updates from windows update even though I have all installed they do not have my language, does not receive updates of bit engines and avira in real time, and not in its entirety.
The weaknesses of Kaspersky for me: Just Startup the program late, it bothers me a bit, and that nothing be paid out more.
Positives of Qihoo to me: great cloud, Mid proactive defense, be free with no light and have a lot of options.
Kaspersky positives for me: A big motor higher than Qihoo antivirus, a better structure and a lojistica in my opinion better and more reliable for years to be on the market, is fully consolidated, proactive defense median, great internet filter and exploits and phising, a good firewall, a lot of additional options far exceeds those of Qihoo and thousands of updates daily. At least not here in my middle weighed notebook.
Is my opinion #

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm with marg, for safety I'd choose 360 IS over TS. That said, I'm using MSE/Windows Defender respectively on 2 separate Windows 7 & 8.1 computers now.:eek:*ducks head to avoid flying sticks & stones*:p:D
If the wise oracles of MalwareTips were to deem Windows native AVs obsolete, then I might choose Kaspersky. *ducks head again*;) Hey, I blame Lailson for writing about it so well!!!:cool: I could always change my mind right?:rolleyes:

Reactions: Kent and marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I read somewhere that in Win 8 MSE & Defender do a pretty good job at protecting you. I don't know if they are correct in that assumption?

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
well 360 is a new product but i find it to be a great product i was using comodo before i wanted to give it a try when they first released it,i did and i'm proud i did remember this is a free product its userbase is growing fast as its freeware my guess is that it will be a great product, i hope they don't become like avast,but i will prefer 360 ts over kaspersky as its light i always look for that first then a decent detection plus other stuff like good heuristic cloud etc.

Reactions: marg

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I read somewhere that in Win 8 MSE & Defender do a pretty good job at protecting you. I don't know if they are correct in that assumption?
It is, and it is not. It depends on the user. A happy-clicker that does not know the basics on how to keep the system safe, won't be safe with most of security apps out there.
Windows 8 systems are generally less vulnerable than previous versions if the system is patched and updated (windows update) and your apps are updated too. Windows defender is considered to be a full antivirus app in Windows 8 and can protect you if you are not a user of the kind I described before.
Although, it would be good to have a third party scanner like malwarebytes, and/or hitman pro, to scan the system once in a while.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
It is, and it is not. It depends on the user. A happy-clicker that does not know the basics on how to keep the system safe, won't be safe with most of security apps out there.
Windows 8 systems are generally less vulnerable than previous versions if the system is patched and updated (windows update) and your apps are updated too. Windows defender is considered to be a full antivirus app in Windows 8 and can protect you if you are not a user of the kind I described before.
Although, it would be good to have a third party scanner like malwarebytes, and/or hitman pro, to scan the system once in a while.
I would use Windows Defender/MSE for real-time ONLY and use a third-party antivirus for scanning ONLY. Then pair the duo with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro, spiced with Adguard, Zemana Antilogger/Spy Shelter, and CCleaner (just in case). I usually recommend these options:
1. Paid Antivirus + Windows Firewall/Free Firewall + HitmanPro/Malwarebytes/Emsisoft + Adguard + Zemana Antilogger/SpyShelter (Optimized for balanced security and lightness)
2. Paid Antivirus + Windows Defender/MSE + Windows Firewall/Free Firewall + HitmanPro/Malwarebytes/Emsisoft + Adguard + Zemana Antilogger/SpyShelter + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (Optimized for Security)
3. Free Antivirus + Windows Firewall + Malwarebytes/Emsisoft Freeware + Adblock Plus + Zemana Free + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free (Optimized for price)

Notice that I don't include any Internet Security/Total Security. Usually, each company excels at one thing, and the others are not as good as the thing they excel. For example, Kaspersky/Bitdefender makes good AV but not-the-best-in-the-world firewall. Opposite for Comodo.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I would use Windows Defender/MSE for real-time ONLY and use a third-party antivirus for scanning ONLY. Then pair the duo with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HitmanPro, spiced with Adguard, Zemana Antilogger/Spy Shelter, and CCleaner (just in case). I usually recommend these options:
1. Paid Antivirus + Windows Firewall/Free Firewall + HitmanPro/Malwarebytes/Emsisoft + Adguard + Zemana Antilogger/SpyShelter (Optimized for balanced security and lightness)
2. Paid Antivirus + Windows Defender/MSE + Windows Firewall/Free Firewall + HitmanPro/Malwarebytes/Emsisoft + Adguard + Zemana Antilogger/SpyShelter + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium (Optimized for Security)
3. Free Antivirus + Windows Firewall + Malwarebytes/Emsisoft Freeware + Adblock Plus + Zemana Free + Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free (Optimized for price)

Notice that I don't include any Internet Security/Total Security. Usually, each company excels at one thing, and the others are not as good as the thing they excel. For example, Kaspersky/Bitdefender makes good AV but not-the-best-in-the-world firewall. Opposite for Comodo.
Good choices!
Things for suites are like you say, but if you use 3rd party AV & 3rd party firewall, this has an impact on the system. If you use a light suite the whole setup is lighter.
Many suites do not have good firewalls, but Kaspersky's is better than many other suite's.

oliverjia

Level 1
Verified
Apr 30, 2013
To be clear, I use KIS so my opinion might be biased.
However, Qihu has a shady track record in its history. It's first and only product, when initially established in end of 1990s, was called "3721" which was advertised as internet assistant type of software, however it turned out to be a nasty virus. Google "3721" virus and you'll see what I mean.
That being said, 360 security appear to be a potent anti-virus software, and 3721 was gone long long ago. However I would rather choose KIS rather than 360 now. 360 is "guilty until proven innocent" in my dictionary.

Reactions: Edward ST

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
To be clear, I use KIS so my opinion might be biased.
However, Qihu has a shady track record in its history. It's first and only product, when initially established in end of 1990s, was called "3721" which was advertised as internet assistant type of software, however it turned out to be a nasty virus. Google "3721" virus and you'll see what I mean.
That being said, 360 security appear to be a potent anti-virus software, and 3721 was gone long long ago. However I would rather choose KIS rather than 360 now. 360 is "guilty until proven innocent" in my dictionary.
After all that being said about qihoo, things seem to be at least shady at the time. Time will show..
BTW, how you ve setup application control in KIS;

oliverjia

Level 1
Verified
Apr 30, 2013
I only used the default profile by KIS, haven't tried to set it up manually.
But I think it a good practice to install KIS right after a fresh installation of OS, to minimize the risk of system infection.

After all that being said about qihoo, things seem to be at least shady at the time. Time will show..
BTW, how you ve setup application control in KIS;

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.