Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi, 360 keeps finding my VPN exe as a virus and deleting it, despite my efforts to whitelist it! Is there any way of contacting Qihoo and reporting this as a false +ve.. I really don't want to change to another AV, as it really works well with the rest of my setup...

Reactions: Butterfly

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What VPN service do you use? Is it installed on the desktop (ie. Program Files), or a browser-based extension?

Reactions: Kent

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
PrivateInternetAccess... full program, installed on machine..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you have the directory location for the quarantined file(s)?

A quick search of "PrivateInternetAccess detected as virus" and other Antivirus may flag suspicious behaviour. So I don't have the answer to resolve your current issue.

You can use their Customer Support support@360safe.com

Reactions: porkpiehat

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For the meantime try to reduce some settings if the FP are still persist, as always the QVM for sure will be the culprit of falsified detection.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Click the menu button in 360, click Feedback, click "Report false positive..."

Be sure it's a false positive though...check with VirusTotal.

Did your "efforts to whitelist it" actually get it whitelisted?

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Did your "efforts to whitelist it" actually get it whitelisted?
on the Desktop computer,no. The files were deleted, but on the laptop, yes.. whitelisted, with no problems as yet!

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
The files were deleted
You have to go to the quarantine and restore the files with the trust option.

You can also toggle the "Action on threat detection" to "Ask..." rather than "Quarantine..." in settings.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Yes, that worked on the laptop, but the on the desktop, even though the files restored with the trust option, every time I tried to connect via the VPN it would quarantine them as a Trojan.. so needless to say the files are no longer on the computer, and I'll have to reinstall the VPN again..

Reactions: Butterfly

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I've run into a similar problem: files I know I put on the trust list are getting flagged again, where I have to add them to the trust list again. It wasn't immediate (few days apart), so I don't know what is going on there.

False-positives are one thing, but the same false-positives recurring regularly is not going to work for me (or the wife); I uninstalled it and am trying other products.

Qihoo 360 Support Team

Level 1
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
PrivateInternetAccess... full program, installed on machine..
We will check this issue. Please add the application folder into the Trust List to skip the false positive.
And would you please provide the installation link and package for this PrivateInternetAccess to us for further analysis?
Please contact our support team with email to support@360safe.com
Best Regards

All the best wishes to all the warmhearted users in MT

Last edited:

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
We will check this issue. Please add the application folder into the Trust List to skip the false positive.
And would you please provide the installation link and package for this PrivateInternetAccess to us for further analysis?
Please contact our support team with email to support@360safe.com
Best Regards

All the best wishes to all the warmhearted users in MT

email sent with info...hope it helps.
Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.