3link9's Config

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Had to create new thread as I couldn't edit old one, My apologies in advance.

S

starchild76

looks good , thanks for sharing! wich firewall are you using? windows own with advanced security? do you utilize uac and smartscreen??

Reactions: JM Safe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For better privacy cleaning, I can recommend PrivaZer. During the wizard, say you're an advanced user, so you get more options to choose from. It's a very good product, only lacking a bit on the GUI.

Reactions: JM Safe and 3link9

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
For better privacy cleaning, I can recommend PrivaZer. During the wizard, say you're an advanced user, so you get more options to choose from. It's a very good product, only lacking a bit on the GUI.
PrivaZer is pretty good.

S

starchild76

yes privazer is indeed a great tool , unbelievable that it is still a free product! it even has the power to erase old windows installs.

Reactions: 3link9

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
looks good , thanks for sharing! wich firewall are you using? windows own with advanced security? do you utilize uac and smartscreen??
Just basic the basic windows 8 firewall which is all I need. UAC and Smartscreen are all kept on and kept on default.

Interesting, I'll check it out.
Thanks!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your configuration's impressive, was nice to read, and I particularly liked the details on your PC. Thanks for sharing the link too!:) The ESET NOD 32 AV + Tiranium Cloud Scanner, the additional software, plus adding the highly recommended PrivaZer cleaner inspired me to now look at my own system from an excited & newly angled perspective!:):p Thanks for that too!;)

Reactions: JM Safe

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Your configuration's impressive, was nice to read, and I particularly liked the details on your PC. Thanks for sharing the link too!:) The ESET NOD 32 AV + Tiranium Cloud Scanner, the additional software, plus adding the highly recommended PrivaZer cleaner inspired me to now look at my own system from an excited & newly angled perspective!:):p Thanks for that too!;)
Thanks for feedback! and You're Welcome :)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Finally able to edit config!
So heres the updated config, Switched to Avira Free and re-added EEK.
I've decided to trust German Sicherheit (Security) once again, So if you see GData pop in here soon, you'll know why. :D

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I strongly suggest you to uninstall Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014 and Driver Booster. These programs will bring you nothing that you can do manually and could cause Windows issues in the future.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I strongly suggest you to uninstall Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2014 and Driver Booster. These programs will bring you nothing that you can do manually and could cause Windows issues in the future.
Driver Booster saves me a lot of time and helps me back up drivers. Never had an issue with any of Ashampoo optimizers and been using them for awhile now and I always back up registries or not perform registry clean at all.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Driver Booster saves me a lot of time and helps me back up drivers. Never had an issue with any of Ashampoo optimizers and been using them for awhile now and I always back up registries or not perform registry clean at all.

Still don't know why you would rely on third-party programs to do such basic tasks when you can do them manually. If you ever encounter any Windows related issues, uninstall these programs first, almost certain that it will help fix them. Also, you can still do that manually if you know how.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Having the same type of tech problems I have had with bitdefender for years, So switching to back Kaspersky which was always my choice of AV.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Having the same type of tech problems I have had with bitdefender for years, So switching to back Kaspersky which was always my choice of AV.

Good choice. What kind of technical issues are you having with Bitdefender products ?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Good choice. What kind of technical issues are you having with Bitdefender products ?
Networking and its auto-pilot.
I've been having jumpy connection/download speeds for awhile and noticed its the same problem i've always had with bitdefender after awhile. I uninstalled bitdefender to see if it wasnt just my internet (Note: this has been going on for the past 3 days) and the speeds wen't to its normal and been staying there for a few hours.
Also, not sure if its a problem, but everytime i switched to manual mode from auto-pilot it just keeps switching back to auto-pilot. So dont know if its the gui or something.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.