3link9's Config

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Networking and its auto-pilot.
I've been having jumpy connection/download speeds for awhile and noticed its the same problem i've always had with bitdefender after awhile. I uninstalled bitdefender to see if it wasnt just my internet (Note: this has been going on for the past 3 days) and the speeds wen't to its normal and been staying there for a few hours.
Also, not sure if its a problem, but everytime i switched to manual mode from auto-pilot it just keeps switching back to auto-pilot. So dont know if its the gui or something.

I'm aware of Bitdefender having a really bugged GUI. I had a lot of members on other forums come to me with problems about settings not moving or being reset to their defaults on restart. I'm also aware of connection speed issues when using a Bitdefender product. Did you have Gaming Mode enabled ?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I'm aware of Bitdefender having a really bugged GUI. I had a lot of members on other forums come to me with problems about settings not moving or being reset to their defaults on restart. I'm also aware of connection speed issues when using a Bitdefender product. Did you have Gaming Mode enabled ?
Nope except when i had a full-screen gaming running which auto-enables it.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Bitdefender's Gaming Mode is known to cause a lot of issues. Were you having in-game lags, freezes, etc. ?
Yeah i noticed the networking problems in online games and delayed launch times.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah i noticed the networking problems in online games and delayed launch times.

Looks like you're confirming the previous issues I had to deal with in the past. And these aren't really "new"' they have been going for a few months now.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Looks like you're confirming the previous issues I had to deal with in the past. And these aren't really "new"' they have been going for a few months now.
Well when i last used bitdefender which if i remember was the 2013 version. Full of bugs and the support was awful. So i wasn't going to deal with this company anymore but I wanted to try the new 8/8.1 version but like i said, Network and GUI bugs. So now I know to stay away from BD.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I don't trust Trend Micro, but I haven't used it in recent years. Please do tell me if it's a good antivirus.
Its detections could be better, but its new version that came out yesterday/today is really an improvement. The web blocking is the best.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Time for a long overdue update:
Going back to my kaspersky setup as I got a license since Kaspersky is my favorite (paid) product
added HTTPS Everywhere to chrome

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.