A Few Tips to Make Your Firefox Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Hello friends,

I do not know are there any people use Firefox or Firefox based browsers, against Chrome or its clones :D
Anyway, I am still using Firefox I mean Cyberfox :D
I want to share some about:config tricks to make your Firefox faster and privacy concerned.
If you are using Cyberfox or Palemoon, maybe some tweaks already applied.

Lets take Performance first ;)
Write about:config into URL bar and click "I promise ..." and set the values as I show below.

• browser.tabs.animate false
- It will disable the animation of tabs and you will browse faster between tabs.

• network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 32
- which means Firefox can request data through 32 different channels rather than 4 channels

• browser.display.show_image_placeholders true
  • network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server 8
After that, maybe you can disable "Smooth Scrolling" this made my Firefox laggy on Twitter & Facebook and some other pages, so try disabling this option maybe it will make you feels better :)
Then, please use Firemin, you will be surprised of its performance. It is a little portable tool to make Firefox use less RAM.

Lets take Privacy secondly,

Secondly my privacy settings on Firefox without any add-ons, after that I installed some privacy add-ons which I won't tell them here because we all know what are these.
First of all, I disabled web forgery protection, because it sends data to Google Safebrowsing about your browsing, you can read the GoogleSafeBrowsing policy it is the same policy with Google. Disabling these options may decrease your security but it inscreases your privacy. This is inform to you Palemoon browser removed this feature from their browser because of the reason above. Palemoon users will not see this option.
Open Settings > Security > make your settings as shown in the screenshot.
WIfyjhg.png

Aftert that please make your tracking settings as shown in the screenshot below.
MfWBADf.png

dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled - False
geo.enabled - False
network.http.sendSecureXSiteReferrer - False
network.prefetch-next - False
toolkit.telemetry.enabled - False
privacy.trackingprotection.enabled - True
media.peerconnection.enabled - False (why?)

I hope it will help to you. Please share your experience under the topic. I am wondering what you experience. These settings what I use on my Cyberfox :)

Cheers,
yigido

Last edited by a moderator:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for sharing this. :)

All settings done and has helped a bit. Thanks for this.:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Back in the days where I've really wanted to speed up Firefox before ;) but suddenly considering my specifications is very poor (2GB Ram old desktop which is already not used for 3 years from now).

Reactions: yigido

OC-Rat11

Level 1
Nov 16, 2015
I just joined the forum and saw this post. Very nice. Thanks a lot.

Also, just wondering if anyone has tried ConfigFox presented here:

ConfigFox

If so, what are your impressions?

Last edited:
Reactions: thepierrezou
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.