A free and powerful software to repair windows after virus attack

COLLEGA

Thread author
Mar 25, 2015
Hello, what do thing about my config ? And also, in the case of a detoriation system or file deletion and if I can not restore the image of my system disk or partition I use the free Windows Tweaking com repair . He often helped me out because it is performing.What do you say about it ? Best regards.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
May i suggest some backup software such as Aomei Backupper and it has a good free version. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
H

hjlbx

Hello Collega,

Just a suggestion...

You do not want to use an on-line scanner from the same vendor as your primary anti-virus.

Perhaps add a secondary on-demand scanner: MBAM or EEK

Also, under the MT Give-A-Way subforum you can pick up a free Lifetime version license for either EaseUS Todo Home v. 8.2 or AOMEI Professional v. 2.5. Both will do everything you need for back-up.

The EaseUS Todo is a better deal as it includes updates for version 8. I believe AOMEI does not include updates for the version.

EaseUS also integrates cloud backup into the user interface... so it will work well with W8.1 OneDrive.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Backup program as mentioned by others are good idea for such OS in deterioration, as long you have followed for producing bootable CD/DVD/USB then you can restore image without problem at any time.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@COLLEGA, thank you for sharing your configuration. My fellow members & staff have already granted valuable gems in the form of tips.;) Therefore, I shall mention some options to virtualize your system.

For our older (& retired) Windows XP system, I have used a free recovery program called Toolwiz Time Freeze.
There is another free program by Toolwiz, one I have not tried, called Time Machine.
An application you can read more about is called "Shadow Defender". Apart from it's 30 day trial, it is not free. Our household uses this 'virtual fortress' on both our Windows 7 SP 1 & Windows 8.1 systems to high acclaim.:)
Read more about it here:

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
hi, as an advice let me tell you that when malware attacks a pc sometimes it rewrites data or they replace it, so if you look for a product that may undo what malware did, well that wouldnt be a good idea, it is not like you go and replace a file and that is all... sometimes may work or sometimes not, even when it seems to be worked you may find more errors coming days later. every file in windows is linked to something in special system files even if you replace a file from a clean enviroment you dont know which registry key was linked to that file and due that the file may not answer the way it has to... actually every time you install a program they use to patch some system areas to work well. Even microsoft recommend formatting when a machine was infected rather trying to repair.

backup solutions may be the right program you may be looking for, as you will be 100% that backup will work on your machine...

please note that am talking about heavy infection like from a virus, for other minor malware, the build in cleaner in your AV may work as well

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
hi, as an advice let me tell you that when malware attacks a pc sometimes it rewrites data or they replace it, so if you look for a product that may undo what malware did, well that wouldnt be a good idea, it is not like you go and replace a file and that is all... sometimes may work or sometimes not, even when it seems to be worked you may find more errors coming days later. every file in windows is linked to something in special system files even if you replace a file from a clean enviroment you dont know which registry key was linked to that file and due that the file may not answer the way it has to... actually every time you install a program they use to patch some system areas to work well. Even microsoft recommend formatting when a machine was infected rather trying to repair.

backup solutions may be the right program you may be looking for, as you will be 100% that backup will work on your machine...

please note that am talking about heavy infection like from a virus, for other minor malware, the build in cleaner in your AV may work as well
If only everyone would make backups it would solve a lot of peoples problems.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hi that is a good configuration but you should use malwarebytes or zemana antimalware as a on damand scanner you can also use malwarebytes pro which will run alongside eset like what I do have a look at my configuration below

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
An application you can read more about is called "Shadow Defender". Apart from it's 30 day trial, it is not free. Our household uses this 'virtual fortress' on both our Windows 7 SP 1 & Windows 8.1 systems to high acclaim.:)
Read more about it here:
Sorry for the interruption here! The uses of adjective 'virtual fortress' for Shadow defender may be read wrong 'cos Shadow defender does not give 100% protection. Many '0'day malware can bypass shadow defender's virtual fortress easily and infect the PC. I used to test some malware at Malware hub here using shadow defender and sandboxie after few weeks of testing my system became very slow and I tried different AV scanner to find 70 infiltration so I stopped testing those virus and malware.
Its just my personal opinion and you may disagree with me but it is very useful software for daily use.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Sorry for the interruption here! The uses of adjective 'virtual fortress' for Shadow defender may be read wrong 'cos Shadow defender does not give 100% protection. Many '0'day malware can bypass shadow defender's virtual fortress easily and infect the PC. I used to test some malware at Malware hub here using shadow defender and sandboxie after few weeks of testing my system became very slow and I tried different AV scanner to find 70 infiltration so I stopped testing those virus and malware.
Its just my personal opinion and you may disagree with me but it is very useful software for daily use.
@sid_16, thank you for your clear insight.:) I would sooner agree with you as my colorful description of a 'virtual fortress' is more in keeping with George R.R. Martin's description of Jon Snow's memory of his father's words while the son gazed up toward the mammoth wall of ice which guards the Seven Kingdoms to the south. "No wall can keep you safe," his father had told him once as they walked the walls of Winterfell. "A wall is only as strong as the men who defend it."

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.