A letter to my fellow members

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am writing this thread not as a staff member/SMOD but as a fellow member to all of you.I thought it fitting to post it here instead of posting it somewhere else since this forum seems more like a place for a friendly chat amongst my fellow members.
You may have noticed some changes here and might have heard many rumors lately.I am sure many have seen some not so nice profile posts directed at staff and might have questions.I am not going answer any questions or give details and names as that is not the point of this post.

First I would like to say that whatever you may have heard some say here or anywhere else is just one side of a story and many are either untruths or speculation by some members.
Staff members work very hard to maintain the rules by being fair and impartial.Sometimes they have no choice but to invoke more strict discipline.This is done to maintain the site as a pleasant place for every member and not just a select few.

Disrespecting a staff member in the forums or on a profile page or PM is no different than another member doing the same to a fellow member.I ask you that if a fellow member was harassing you,spreading untruths about you,rumors in the forums or anywhere else,wouldn't you expect the staff to discipline them on your behalf.I know I would.

This site is by far one of the most pleasant sites.You are excepted here no matter who you are or what level of knowledge you have.Jack is just a nice guy.He goes out of his way for the members of this site.Like us he also has a personal life and just like us at times he gets very busy in the real world.

Some members forget that he is the owner of this site,a free site by the way.There are a few who seem to forget this from time to time and feel it is their right to be here and argue with him or staff when they don't like what they hear.That's alright because just like every where else in the world there will always be bad apples.Those that choose to take that route are disciplined just as they are in the real world.

As for myself I answer every PM sent to me.If I can help someone I will try everything in my power to help a fellow member.No matter who you are,how long you have been a member or what your knowledge level is.Sometimes however the staff position I have excepted leaves me no choice but to enforce the rules because it is in the best interest of the site and the majority of the members.

Remember every member including staff members were at onetime or another a new member.I think for this site to become what it can depends on the members as a whole.Not just the staff and definitely not a select few who feel they are above the rest or superior in knowledge.That would make for an extremely boring place if you ask me.Not a place I would want to spend my time that's for sure.

I just wanted to say to you guys that everything is just fine and change is a good thing.Don't listen to all the rumors because nothing positive happens in the rumor mill.Lets enjoy each others company and have a good time and ignore those who complain and like to disrupt the site.
If guys need any help or have a question you know where to find me.Thanks

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Don't worry many users are really supporting Jack's effort and its other notable members. And through the years, all of those issues and allegations couldn't destroy the bind relationship and atmosphere which this website is run until now since 2011 and counting. :)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
There comes a time at some point that we, members, should consider our part on this forum. It's not just about seeking help when we're infected or liking other people's posts, but maintaining this wonderful community is of utmost importance. For new (mostly) members' information, I'd challenge you to spend some time on other forums like this and tell me if you get the feeling you belong somewhere as is the case here. Writing what exterminator20 wrote, wouldn't even be possible.
Considering rules and discipline, that's our vital obligation. Don't you obey the rules of your state? The same applies here. I don't know what really happened, I'd never give too much attention on rumors, but I know that this forum consists of people who are ready to sacrifice some of their personal time, of people who invest in knowledge so as to be able to be more helpful here, and that's something we should all be grateful of.
Thanks for reading, mates!

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I don't know what has happened here or don't want to know. But I always feel at home when I visit some forums/discussion boards that I registered to and will always obey its rule, maintain decency and etiquette (public). The staff members and admin. do the great job to maintain a site and run it smoothly, where people from all over the world with different languages and views/knowledge do participate verbally on some discussion with dissent and disagreement but accusing someone one for something over nothing is not good/civilized attitude.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@exterminator20 Good post. :)
I can say one thing for sure that only the famous people have enemies.

@scot Every member.. even famous/trusted member.. must follow rules here. They can't do whatever they like just because they are already trusted or with higher rank. Everyone here: You, Me and Others - should read and agree with forum rules to avoid any trouble with staff. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I may have not contributed much for this site, but I am 100% sure that I have gained over 60 % knowledge from this site itself. And guess what I am highly greatfull for the members working here and a special thanks for the Creator Of Malware Tips. I owe a respect for all of them beneath my heart. I mean it. This was my first Forum to sign up and its been the best one for me.
Thanks Jack and MT.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks to exterminator20 and all the staff here for your work! Also, thanks to the members of MalwareTips for making everyone welcome and feeling almost family. Last thing we need is for this wonderful website to turn into a nasty, backbiting free-for-all like one of our competitor websites (you all know who.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.