Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
By Dan York
photo_2673.jpg

"Is Your Internet Up-To-Date?" Does your existing Internet connection work with IPv6 and DNSSEC? Do your web sites support IPv6, DNSSEC and TLS? Is there a quick way to find out?

Earlier this month a new site, Internet.nl, was launched to make this all easy for anyone to test. All you do is visit the site at en.internet.nl (also available in Dutch) and just follow the very easy links:

All you do is click "Test my internet connection" to find out if your current connection supports IPv6 and DNSSEC. Enter any website address to test whether that site supports IPv6, DNSSEC and TLS. And enter any email address to find out if it supports IPv6, DNSSEC and DKIM/SPF/DMARC.

Here was the response I received for one of my email accounts:

8893b.jpg

You then have a link you can follow to get more details.

While there are obviously more detailed tests that can be performed, this site does a nice job giving a high level view of whether your connections are protected. I also like the fact that it uses "regular" language to explain why someone should care about these tests, rather than using the technical acronyms.

Congratulations to the various organizations behind Internet.nl on the launch! May this new site help many more people learn what they need to do to bring their Internet connections and sites up-to-date!

P.S. Please also read Olaf Kolkman's post providing another perspective on the launch. And yes, both the Internet Society and our Internet Society Netherlands Chapter were involved with the launch. If you would like to get started with IPv6, DNSSEC or TLS, please visit the Deploy360 Start Here page to begin!

(A version of this post originally appeared on the Internet Society Deploy360 blog.)

By Dan York, Author and Speaker on Internet technologies. Dan is employed as a Senior Content Strategist with the Internet Society but opinions posted on CircleID are entirely his own. Visit the blog maintained by Dan York here.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.