App Review AdAware Pro Security Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Y

yigido

Thread author

Homepage : http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_pro.php
It is a paid product from Lavasoft. Only paid softwares of them have new Active Virus Control feature (it came from their father Bitdefender)
I had 18 samples (1-2 days old samples)
AdAware Pro detected 7 of them by right-click scan on run 5 samples also blocked by AVC (Active Virus Control).
But it let an Adware installing. After reboot no running infection but adwares and remaining of samples

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
Hi,;)

Hitman Pro with BitDefender and Adware with BitDefender. Both with different detection rates.
ect.....:eek:
And a lot of hard work from you testing and putting together.:cool:

Kind regards,:(
HitmanPro also use Kaspersky and its own cloud. I did not see Bitdefender detection in HitmaPro scan. AdAware already detected those samples. ;)

Y

yigido

Thread author
Hi,;)

Not a 100% sure because I replace Hitman Pro with herdProtection!

Kind Regards,:p
HitmanPro is the best scanner (Zemana Anti-Malware also the same softwares)
MBAM is the second one.
About herdprotect, if you have more engine you will have more False Positives so I do not recommend it ;)
Regards :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.