Verified
Jan 22, 2014
for chromium based browsers I think the better is:

µBlock:
  • Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM): 9/10
  • Real World System Impact: 9/10
  • User Friendliness: 7/10
  • User Interface: 5/10
  • Overall Winner: 10/10 (i dont ned great UI, i only need great block without resources)

Reactions: Jack and Kent

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
None, I use Adguard and uBlock for my browsers, Adguard for chrome and firefox and uBlock for Opera. I'm planning on using Xvirus Adblocker again because it's free and very low on CPU.

The purpose of this post was to highlight the war of words between the two adblock developers who are accusing each other of some (unethical?) practices.Please take time to the links provided by me.........
@Chromatinfish 123 Xvirus Adblocker,never heard of it before??

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
The purpose of this post was to highlight the war of words between the two adblock developers who are accusing each other of some (unethical?) practices.Please take time to the links provided by me.........
@Chromatinfish 123 Xvirus Adblocker,never heard of it before??
1. Oops , sorry, I didn't understand :oops:. Better control my instincts :D

I was astonished when I saw the Adblock Plus criticism by the way. I thought that even rivals should keep on good terms, like Google and Mozilla, or at least keep the threats secret. Those words just made me switch from Adblock Plus to AdBlock. (Oh, how strong criticism is... :p)

2 Xvirus Adblocker is a product that a member here is part of, it's linked here: http://www.mysecuritywin.com/xvirus-adblocker.html

Reactions: Kent

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Both are excellent, I personally prefer Adblock.
Adblock is best for me, reason: I had trouble blocking ads with ADB + on some sites of my country, adblock serves me much better, now I recommend you to use the two for a while and see which fits better :)

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
1. Oops , sorry, I didn't understand :oops:. Better control my instincts :D

I was astonished when I saw the Adblock Plus criticism by the way. I thought that even rivals should keep on good terms, like Google and Mozilla, or at least keep the threats secret. Those words just made me switch from Adblock Plus to AdBlock. (Oh, how strong criticism is... :p)

2 Xvirus Adblocker is a product that a member here is part of, it's linked here: http://www.mysecuritywin.com/xvirus-adblocker.html
No problem! Totally agree to your points!
Checking out
XVIRUS ADBLOCKER:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.