Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi again guys. A new war :p. I can't decide between these two adblockers for Chrome.

- Adblock:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=es

- Adblock Plus:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=es

It seems that Adblock is developed originally for Chrome, and Adblock Plus had more problems for adapt it (it comes from Firefox version and it was beta until few months)

Domelo

Level 1
Verified
Feb 18, 2014
Coz i surfed many websites a day which are in german, chinese & other languages. Adblock can't block all of them ads but after adding different language filers, now it blocks more then before :D But i don't feel slowdown in web browsing though ;)

Did you try the adblock chrome extension by Adguard.com? I think it doesn't need to install different language filters as it offers an all-inclusive feature as detailed on its website:
http://adguard.com/en/welcome.html

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Adblock Plus is my choice here. But I've also used Adblock in the past and it works very well too. It's just a matter of preference.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
When i say nothing i mean nothing beat's adguard free extension for chrome.Adguard blocks ad's & some malware sites,work better than adblock & adblock plus. O but u need to go in options & configure it.;)

Reactions: Venustus and Domelo

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
Honestly I use 3 adblocking extensions, it might be overkill but it works. Adguard, Adblock, and Adblock plus

I'll suggest one more worth looking into, you can decide if it becomes an extra or a replacement :p

...AdBlock Edge (forked project from the creators of AdBlock Plus)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes, you are right at your place, but there is a well-known saying that relates, "Availing a Free or Cheapest thing makes you cry over and over again, but the costly element makes you cry once only during its purchase." Isn't it? I've downloaded the Adguard addon and it is giving me 4 options:

1. block ads
2. Submit a complaint
3. Web security report
4. Adguard setting

Regarding the adblock plus, I have received so many complaints and have read a lot about it. So, i think I should better go for the premium version of Adguard - Adblock;which is gonna make me cry once during it's $29.99 or so purchase. What do you think?

Right now i'm using adblock edge & very satisfied with it also i'm a freebie :D

Domelo

Level 1
Verified
Feb 18, 2014
When i say nothing i mean nothing beat's adguard free extension for chrome.Adguard blocks ad's & some malware sites,work better than adblock & adblock plus. O but u need to go in options & configure it.;)

Yes, you're absolutely right as every new adblock chrome extention needs configuration, but default settings of adblock - adguard are also awesome as I experienced so far. Interestingly, its adblock extension for chrome is also available for free and is easily accessible through its official site.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Trying now Adblock Plus vs Adblock. Similar performance... Don't consider Adguard because has an installer and no daily updates in free license.

Edit: change now my opinion. Back to Adblock because ABP + slow down browsing. ABP + works far better in Firefox, but in Chrome i prefer Adblock

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Adguard have a part in options where you can update it.Plz check programs fully before speaking in entirety about it.:oops:

Sorry... I mean it not has daily updates (sorry for the inconvenience)

Edit: testing Adguard. Nice interface, light resources, but it's not a plugin. You have to install as an application. I set Adguard and visited some webs... but is far from the effectiveness of Adblock (not blocks many ads), even in not "dangerous" sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.