AdBlocker Browser for Android and iOS (by ABP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Adblock Plus and (a little) more: First official ad blocker for iOS launches today; ditto for Android

The developers behind the popular browser extension Adblock Plus today released their own browser for iOS and Android which blocks advertisements. The Adblock browser should save bandwidth and improve battery life.

Research has found that advertisements can drain up to 20% of the battery and the consumed bandwidth also costs money for users on mobile networks. Another reason to block advertisements is to make sure infected, malicious advertisements are not loaded and to protect privacy.

The Adblock browser for Android was in beta since May and was downloaded 300,000 times since then. An earlier version of Adblock Plus was removed from the Play Store two and a half years ago. The developers of the Adblock browser expect to stay in the Play Store for an infinite time now.

The iOS version is developed together with the company Salsita and the Adblock browser for iOS work on top of their Kitt browser. It’s expected that Apple will announce a version of mobile Safari with adblocking later this week. Apple doesn’t allow other render engines than Webkit in iOS, the Adblock browser will therefore render pages just like Safari.

Android support

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anupam

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Great. I am in :D

Hope it will be better than UC Browser which already blocks Advertisement and has a good downloader too.

Reactions: frogboy

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Ok. I just Installed it on my Android phone.

Tried few sites. It's blocking the Ads and it's fast as chrome as well. I really like the Browser.

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
I use Maxthon who's among the speediest browsers available right now for android according to several benchmarks and it has adblock. I checked the Adblock browser out and it's a bit of a step backwards for me in terms of speed so I think I will stick with Maxthon for now. I will give it some time to update and then test it again somewhere in the future. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Installed on AdBlock Browser on Android, the UI is familiar to Firefox for Android. By default, Acceptable Ads are enabled and Other Blockers, Trackers, Social Media Sharing are off. However, I don't think it's as fast as other browsers.

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I experience both UC browser and AdBlock Browser but I found UC Browser more faster than AdBlock Browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.