Jul 8, 2012

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
AdGuard doesn't support firefox, i can't find it.
Here's a link for Firefox.
http://adguard.com/en/adblock-adguard-mozilla-firefox.html
Update::oops: Oops, I was a little too quick to notice:rolleyes: (you were right) it's beta for Firefox, :( ..but the practice to read a page all the way down is a fundamental investigative lesson I'm learning before posting!;):D
I voted Adblock Plus because I've not tried AdGuard ..yet.. Since most everyone here prefers it,:cool: I've a five worded question: Why do you like AdGuard ..more??o_O

Last edited:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Adguard coz it's lighter then adblock/adblock plus. Second it's filter is strong effective,it uses it's own phishing & malicious database for safe browsing .Plus one great feature that if adguard miss to block any ads in page then u can manually block ads via block element easily, u can also add exception. And adguard extension lack this features but still best then using resource hog adblock plus.I format my pc a week ago & now using adguard again. Actually i downloaded adguard from an old giveawy & it works. License is valid until November :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Does Adguard extension(the free one) on Chrome removes adverts? Or does it only hide them?
The description on Chrome extension says it does remove adverts, but its official site says otherwise.

Edit: I'm now sure that the adguard extension(free) only hides adverts, thus no bandwith savings.
But I have now a Premium license(lifetime) for Adguard. Seen the codes in the wilderssecurity. I didn't have to pay for it. :D

Last edited:

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

I choose... None of them, I'd rather recommend HTTP Switchboard, which is powerful, highly customizable and very lightweight! It's so efficient that Adblock Plus's author is afraid of it and try to convince people it's doing a lame job instead of trying to significantly improve his shameful addon! He's totally wrong: HTTPSB needs less RAM for a much faster and better job than ADB+...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hello everyone!

I choose... None of them, I'd rather recommend HTTP Switchboard, which is powerful, highly customizable and very lightweight! It's so efficient that Adblock Plus's author is afraid of it and try to convince people it's doing a lame job instead of trying to significantly improve his shameful addon! He's totally wrong: HTTPSB needs less RAM for a much faster and better job than ADB+...
That isn't even a adblocker.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Does Adguard extension(the free one) on Chrome removes adverts? Or does it only hide them?
The description on Chrome extension says it does remove adverts, but its official site says otherwise.

From what i understand about it an advert can not be physically be removed from a website by adblockers. ( Some one correct me if i am wrong on that? ) But even if you find an advert that was not blocked...then no harm done. If you see an advert on a site that was not taken care of just click on the Adguard icon...then click on "Block add on this website" and then you can select the element you want to block. You can even preview the removal, so that you can see the result before the rule is added to your personal Adguard blocklist. :)

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
From what i understand about it an advert can not be physically be removed from a website by adblockers. But even if you find an advert that was not blocked...then no harm done. If you see an advert on a site that was not taken care of just click on the Adguard icon...then click on "Block add on this website" and then you can select the element you want to block. You can even preview the removal, so that you can see the result before the rule is added to your personal Adguard blocklist. :)
Already edited my post: I'm now sure that the adguard extension(free) only hides adverts, thus no bandwith savings.
But I have now a Premium license(lifetime) for Adguard. Seen the codes in the wilderssecurity. I didn't have to pay for it. :D

Reactions: Morro
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.