Solved Ads by Record Page _ Persistent

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
I tried running the check disk command again by removing the \r, which it originally described as an invalid prompt. This seemed to work and I restarted shortly after it finished. I didn't see any results or anything come up though...

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Check Disk report:
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, check only Wininit and click OK.
  • Now you'll be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
Ok, when I tried opening the event log it gave me the prompt that said: "Cannot open eventlog service on computer". When I clicked the OK button it showed an empty Event Viewer.

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
Ok it finished the "sfc scan" and said that Windows found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. It also directed me to the Windows\logs\CBS\CBS.log file for details but when I tried to open the notepad file, it told me that access was denied...

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
Ok, I did. It saved all my old files in a Windows old folder though. C>Windows>Windows old
So I'm a little worried the virus might still be there. I do however have back my administrator privileges, which is great.

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
All the files that were on my computer prior to the reinstall i.e. all programs and documents, even ones I could no longer access due to administrator issues.

wildflower112

Thread author
Verified
Aug 3, 2015
Sigh. Thank you so much for your help so far. I hope I am not being a bother but the issues seem never ending...Now I am having the problem where my computer drops the internet every few minutes. Could that be a caused by the reinstall or the virus again perhaps?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.