Advanced System Care 6.0.2.114 Beta 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanimes

Aug 3, 2012
I used to use tuneup programs like these and I tested a lot of them, but now I would absolutely not recommend to use it. When I learned more about cleaning and improving the performance of Windows, I didn't believe anymore in this kind of software. Windows has its best performance in its original state and you should leave it in that state as much as possible. In my experience, these so-called "tune-up software" mostly make much unnecessary registry changes which won’t guarantee a (noticeable) system performance, it rather messes up your system due to falsely deleted registry, for example: deleting “software leftovers” which in fact belong to another program (especially for this kind of experimental software!). A bit larger registry doesn’t have to negatively affect your system performance.

I am not totally against cleaning software, actually I think that CCleaner does a fine job keeping my computer clean, but you can go cleaning your pc registry as crazy as you want and it won’t always guarantee noticeable results. I think you should keep it simple and safe. When I uninstall software I use afterwards a “normal” scan (not an advanced!) with Revo Uninstaller or GeekUninstaller and finish the job with CCleaner as far as we speak about the registry. Then I manually delete old installation files in program files, appdata, program data ect.

You can always defragment and scan your computer for viruses besides the cleaning, but for the rest you really shouldn’t bother about it anymore.

D

Deleted member 178

the problem is most common users don't have the skills to manually clean their system, so they use those kind of soft , and even me i used them. but i always make sure to have a backup in case of bad deletion.

Nanimes

Aug 3, 2012
I see what you mean, but also these common users should keep in mind that this kind of software may lead to a more unstable system in stead of a more stable one. I never had bad experiences with Iobits Advanced System Care, but others like EasyCleaner, Registry Mechanic and jv16 PowerTools caused more problems than they solved.
If a common user wants to clean his very old slow PC for example (which hasn't been cleaned in ages), it is better off with a new Windows installation or a Windows imagebackup recovery than trying to stabilize it with a couple of registryscan(ner)s. Even if you want to use it to maintain a newer system, I would rather avoid it and use after a couple of months or a year a fresh imagebackup to recover the PC in its original state.

D

Deleted member 178

sure but bow many (basic) common users will do a reinstallation (if they know how to do), some are even unable to update their AVs when the licensed period is finished...

For us it a quick job, but for them they may even messed up their partitions, delete their important files, etc...they will do more harm to themselves than those products.

Ccleaner never messed up any system AFAIK, even the registry cleaning is quite safe.

Nanimes

Aug 3, 2012
You have absolutely a point here and I do agree with you (and I also use CCleaner very often), but I am just not in favor of any kind of "tune-up" suite. People shouldn't expect too much from it. In my opinion, the (most) common user shouldn't go any further than using CCleaner to repair his/her registry. CCleaner is indeed very safe in my experience, but other more advanced (and experimental) suites aren't always that safe.

D

Deleted member 178

Nanimes said:
In my opinion, the (most) common user shouldn't go any further than using CCleaner to repair his/her registry. CCleaner is indeed very safe in my experience, but other more advanced (and experimental) suites aren't always that safe.

i agree with you on that.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
ASC which i use to clean my pc every day didnt mess up my registry or system files in any way. Its dafe for me to use.

S

starchild76

In the past couple of years , I have used various tuning suites , cleaners and so on! the only two that messed up my registry in a bad way whas eusing free registry cleaner and the more expermental suites! also iolo system mechanic is a tool of doom : if you not know what you are doing , you can wreck your operating system within a matter of seconds!!!
the only two suites that I have faith in , are : auslogics boostspeed and Iobit advanced system care! these two increase the speed of your pc / desktop remarkebly ( sorry for bad english ). iobit does backup all the changes you make , so if somethings goes wrong , you can easily restore the changes with the rescue centre : so no worries! I am a sattisfied and proud user of this beautifull program!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.