Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I am very surprised no one has talked about this game. It had amazing build up as a game that will be kinda show the real alien feel and atmosphere. It delivers in both of these. It is a survival horror. I hate horrors but i was told to get it, play and record it for other peoples enjoyment. The alien is beautiful and is a work of art. Although you never really get a good look at it as it just kills you right away. You can't kill the alien and it never runs away until you get the flamethrower but even with that it just tries to flank you.

The music and sounds are perfect they create the suspense and thrill they are intended to make and can scare you just on its own.

Visuals are beautiful and stunning. Even on ps3 ( the one i play ). The entire mission when you are outside you will spend most of your time staring in wonder. The scene when you enter the nest is perfect too.

Among the Alien trying to kill you is the androids and humans who have the instinct to survive take over. The humans will fight to the last breath and the androids will keep walking at you even with bullets hitting them. If you make any noise ( running, hitting something or firing a gun ) The alien will come straight for you. You can hide in lockers and under tables but the alien will rip off the doors if it can tell you are there.
The aliens AI is perfect it will hide in vents or try to flank you or even pretend to run away.

This game deserves some pretty hefty awards and it is a game i love even though i get scared of it in the first 12 minutes ( no alien just the sounds )

I give this game a 9/10. The reason i give it a 9 is because although its beautiful and the sounds and music is prefect. There is one mission where its just you walking along a platform for 5 minutes. The visuals are really nice but it kinda kills the tone a little.

I will post a link to my series on youtube when i upload my first video of it tonight. I reccomend this game to anyone who likes the survival horror genre or even the alien series.

Thanks,
Shaun

Reactions: jackuars

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It's based on one of my favorite horror movies of all time, Alien (1979)?

Alien: Isolation is a first-person survival horror game which captures the fear and tension evoked by Ridley Scott’s 1979 classic film. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

source: Metacritic

I've also listed it here:
Your Favorite Movies to watch on hAlLoWeEn?

Seems like a fine game. You should watch the movie too.

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I have the movie on DVD Love it but i don't do horrors too well get so scared XD

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have the movie on DVD Love it but i don't do horrors too well get so scared XD
If you can play a horror game, I think you should be fine watching the movie :D

The Thing is another movie turned horror game in my list. It was a good game too. :)

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
If you can play a horror game, I think you should be fine watching the movie :D

The Thing is another movie turned horror game in my list. It was a good game too. :)

Never seen it. I have watched the movie from under my covers :D and cuddling the dog :p

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Never seen it. I have watched the movie from under my covers :D and cuddling the dog :p

Haha, I always watch horror movies/games in a perfect setting. Lights off, alone in the room with door locked, headset on, full sound.

It's so fun :D

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Haha, I always watch horror movies/games in a perfect setting. Lights off, alone in the room with door locked, headset on, full sound.

It's so fun :D

:O I could never do that lights have to be on :p

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Here is the link to the alien series im doing although the sound is a little out ( im trying to fix that )

Reactions: Oxygen

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
Was using the HD PVR 2 gaming. I have googled it and contacted support about the syncing problem. But nothing to fix it yet :(

Reactions: Oxygen

Shaun

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 17, 2014
I found out what the problem was.

It was that the driver on the CD with it was broken and the driver from the website fixed it XD seems so simple now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.