Almost all .science malicious, .cricket rigged, boffins find

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabZero

Thread author
.work, .party equally dangerous.

Almost every one of the hundreds of thousands of websites in 10 top level domains including all under .review and .zip are malicious, according to research.

More than 95 percent of the hundreds of thousands websites in each of ten top level domains (TLDs) including .country, cricket, .science, and .party are flogging spam, malware, or adware.

The shocking findings published by security firm Blue Coat are part of a review canvassing millions websites requested by its clients of 15,000 businesses and 75 million global users.

"Most of these websites are being leveraged by attackers in spam and scams and to distribute potentially unwanted software," the bluecoat study Do Not Enter [pdf] says.

"Others are related to search engine optimisation positioning or other 'junk sites' that would be classified as suspicious.

More Information from above link.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Long time ago, I've visited one of the Science website for research purpose and as an assurance even you have Adblocker exist, when scripts are embedded then your AV may detect for possible malicious which happened to me. So I steer way and search for alternatives.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.