Anonymous hacker group: Two jailed for cyber attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Two men who carried out cyber attacks for the Anonymous hacking group have been jailed.

Christopher Weatherhead, 22, of Northampton, and Ashley Rhodes, 28, of Camberwell, London, were jailed for 18 months and seven months respectively.en who carried out cyber attacks for the Anonymous hacking group have been jailed.

Christopher Weatherhead, 22, of Northampton, and Ashley Rhodes, 28, of Camberwell, London, were jailed for 18 months and seven months respectively.

MORE:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21187632

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This should send a clear and loud message... The Internet is not what was a few years ago, so attacking or hacking other websites is a crime. 18 months is not a very long time , but it should give this kid the time to think....

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Jack said:
This should send a clear and loud message... The Internet is not what was a few years ago, so attacking or hacking other websites is a crime. 18 months is not a very long time , but it should give this kid the time to think....

What? 22,28 = Kids? o_O,my girlfriend said that I was becoming old at my 22th birthday...may I ask how old,you are Jack?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
What? 22,28 = Kids?

I get your gist. I am significantly older than those ages, and I know they are old enough to die in combat or be tried as and adult, but they really are kids when so much is out there to be learned that no college professor can teach you in 4 years, or no parent can teach you in 18 or 22 years. I did not begin a quest to enlighten myself and educate myself until I was 28. Before then, I might as well have been 17 because I was so damned ignorant pertinent to anything that is, or might be coming. I always thought I was intelligent, and somewhat informed, and educated very well in my grade school and high school years. That being said, I was still as ignorant and clueless as they come. It can go both ways--I have seen 17-24 year olds that are very wise and savvy way ahead of their years, and I have seen 50 year olds that will NEVER grow up (become wise and informed and act accordingly).

If I may speak for Jack; maybe he was implying what we all know, and that is that there are many very young hackers that are risking their freedom, and at least they have time because they are very young, and are not so stubborn like guys my age, they can actually turn things around in their life and get a solid second chance even if they are locked up for 1-4 years via fraud convictions. "Time to think about it" becomes important if their life on the outside is so hectic because they have to look over their shoulders constantly to see if johny law is coming or they never sleep well. When you are incarcerated, there is no way to go but up, and all you have is time to reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.