Not open for further replies.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Let me give a suggestion and a question:

You make use of applications outside the official store Play Store? Or just makes downloading apps from the Google store and arrives permissions ..?

If you make use of external, unknown applications, does not have much common sense and really need an antivirus I would use: Avast Free Mobile

Now if you are a User with a good sense, does only download applications from the google store, disabling the unknown sources, but read the permissions, I would tell you that there is no need for an antivirus, android is based on linux, you needs a very large permission for these 'malware' to take effect (access root or unlocked bootloader). Antivirus for android will just 'do a scan' comparing whether it is safe or not, there is no other way to detect malware. Another thing: the own google the green robot system has a choice: verify applications (ban or warn you before the installation of applications that can cause damage), pure placebo
It is my suggestion, sorry some grammatical error in my English

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Let me give a suggestion and a question:

You make use of applications outside the official store Play Store? Or just makes downloading apps from the Google store and arrives permissions ..?

If you make use of external, unknown applications, does not have much common sense and really need an antivirus I would use: Avast Free Mobile

Now if you are a User with a good sense, does only download applications from the google store, disabling the unknown sources, but read the permissions, I would tell you that there is no need for an antivirus, android is based on linux, you needs a very large permission for these 'malware' to take effect (access root or unlocked bootloader). Antivirus for android will just 'do a scan' comparing whether it is safe or not, there is no other way to detect malware. Another thing: the own google the green robot system has a choice: verify applications (ban or warn you before the installation of applications that can cause damage), pure placebo
It is my suggestion, sorry some grammatical error in my English

I want an adblocker for my android, any suggestion, & I only use Google Play Store.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I want an adblocker for my android, any suggestion, & I only use Google Play Store.

Friend
If such is to block advertisements from youtube, just with root access and a module of Xposed
One of the browsers I use, firefox for android version has the same plugin or at least almost all of the desktop version, like adblock plus, it works reasonably well: https://addons.mozilla.org/bn-BD/android/addon/adblock-plus/?src=hp-dl-mostpopular
or by firefox itself you find
I took a survey a while back and came across an app from adblock plus not integrated with firefox, I personally liked not just uninstalling, I could not see the effectiveness, more if you want to take a look, you will have to install the app out Store (I do not recommend) ... Try adblock firefox almost prefer, are the only options that I know :(
Here is a screenshot of my own personal device (Nexus kitkat 4.4.4) with adblock plus in firefox (sorry for being in pt-br)
below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-31-22-57-46[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-08-31-22-57-46[1].png
    65.3 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.