Anton's Config - Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Registration Problems

Anton

Thread author
Nov 13, 2014
I bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 in South Africa and package says it will only work in Africa. It was installed on a laptop in Sierra Leone and now it keep on giving a error not registering in the right region.

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
Hi it's normal because Kaspersky has region restrictions. Your key will only work in Africa and you need a key for your region where you live or working.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I second that, for some strange reason Kaspersky has regional restrictions, I found that out when I lived in America and brought a license key from the UK and it would not work.

How are you finding the new Kaspersky 2015, I think it's an amazing security suite? There are things you could add i.e., Lastpass, HTTPS Everywhere etc., etc.,

Tony :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If you install the program and activate the license using a VPN such as open VPN with the IP for the region the key is for it will activate.Then update and close Kaspersky and restart without the VPN.from then on it will update normally

Reactions: Ali80 and YuanJiawj

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.