Any way to block Youtube Annotations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Hi :)

I'm trying to eliminate those annoying boxes that appear in some videos from youtube. I tested with several extensions and, no, I'm not crazy, I put them all together so you can see who fail to stop advertising. Obviously I tried them separately with any positive results

0Ei7AOT.png

I also copied these orders to Javascript console, but those ads continue to appear: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=oKckVSqvaGw; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();

Do you know what to do for remove them permanently?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SkyJP

Thread author
Are you sure those are not annotations that have been added by the uploader? Go to the settings icon on the YouTube video (bottom right corner) then turn off the "Annotations" (slides to an off position with no red colour filling the bar).

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's not Advertising, it's a feature of YouTube called Annotations. It can be disabled via 2 different ways.

1. If you do not have a Google Account.

upload_2015-8-20_21-23-2.png

2. If you do have a Google Account, then Login. Uncheck "Show annotations..." (YouTube)

upload_2015-8-20_21-25-8.png

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
About a year ago a friend introduced me to a chrome extension called Magic Actions for YT and I have used it ever since. I try to keep my browser add-ons to a minimum but now I can't even go on YT without it. I basically set it so every YT vid I open is automatically at 1080p (goes to 720p if uploaded in 720p and so on), YouTube is made into a dark grey version (like the dark MTips theme), Auto hide ads, Auto disable annotations, Auto wide mode (or auto fullscreen) and stop autoplay (I like to open all my videos in a new tab then go through and watch them all) that feature just saves me having to go through them all and pause them at the beginning.

tl;dr - I use Magic Actions, it'll disable annotations automatically and much more.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Hi friends, Thank you all for answer :)

@Malware Test I just use ublock Origin, the others are to show which did not stop the (I did not know the name :oops:) annotations

@BoraMurdar I have it with the values of the developer. I have not added or deleted anything in the configuration. I also had ublock Origin with AdGuard, but I not remember why disable AdGuard of my extensions. My memory is not what it was ... :)

@Huracan You show me a simple graphical way to resolve this discomfort. (If you knew how long I've been removing the annotations by hand, one by one ... :oops::oops:)

@ryb0rg Magic Actions for Chrome It is the option that more I liked :). Probably because I'm very lazy :oops:. You have many options (volume, quality of viewing, annotations, day or night mode ...) I recommend try it, it's really convenient to have it on your computer. If you see videos on youtube assiduously

Thanks all again.I had a doubt and I now have several solutions. I love it. Have a nice day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.