Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
sp.png

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
No, Dr. Softpedia didn't travel, it's just that IE 11 and 10 are pre-installed and already updated, but IE 6 and 8 users are still out, and Softpedia is giving copies out for the person who doesn't like modern versions.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Internet Explorer 6 is the most stable IE version for XP I believe and whilst it's very insecure (and actively targeted by many 'wild' (currently live) exploits), it's also very popular with users (but certainly not web developers!)

As for IE8, I think Chromatinfish has the best explanation :D

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Yes I was getting all of those old programs on my RSS feeds, so I contacted Softpedia about 2 days ago.
They said that they recently switch over to a new file system and the errors should be worked out in a few days.
Hopefully soon, I getting tired of getting old discontinued programs in my RSS feeds.

Enjoy!! :D

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Yes I was getting all of those old programs on my RSS feeds, so I contacted Softpedia about 2 days ago.
They said that they recently switch over to a new file system and the errors should be worked out in a few days.
Hopefully soon, I getting tired of getting old discontinued programs in my RSS feeds.

Enjoy!! :D
Thanks, I knew something was amiss.

Reactions: Kent and WinXPert
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.