Anyone Use/Familiar with DiskCool's DiskShot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello,

There is really only one product that I know of that might, perhaps, be better than Shadow Defender...and that is DiskCool's DiskShot.

I tried to register for Home License, but I do not have Korean keyboard; email registration will not accept English characters. However, Google Translate deciphers Korean language/symbols surprisingly well.

Hmmm...I'm surprised...real shortage of Korean speaking forum members. They don't stick around. I guess they go off to MIT or Caltech...more important anyway than translating softwares. Maybe they graduate and create their own brand of DiskShot in English.

I can figure out DiskShot console, that's not problem, need help with email registration. Until then, cannot get hands on product.

hjlbx

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
used it, very efficient, one of the best soft in its field but they dont care to release a English version , so i stopped using it. pityful , they had a huge marketshare.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello Umbra Polaris,

That's too bad...but I'll keep searching for someone that can help me at least get the Home License.

Thanks,

hjlbx

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
they were supposed to give me one, but never replied...

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I used it when a key was given if I recall correctly in Wilders. Didn't use it extensively due to language barrier but from what I recall, it would kick off its protection once MBR was loaded and sector level protection would continue when the diskshot drivers were unloaded. This was one of the differences between Diskshot and Shadow Defender back then. I haven't touched either for awhile so perhaps things have changed.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Now SD protect the MBR too , so SD is still the king of system light virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.