AppGuard 50% discount (by request)

pivoman

Thread author
Jul 18, 2011
Just write to support the Blue Ridge and ask about the possibility of buying AppGuard with 50% discount. After some time, the email will get a discount coupon.

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think BlueRidge would be suspicious about messages asking for 50% discounts. It's not an official discount. Therefore, I would move it to the Space Bar or something else. This isn't a discount, again, because Blue Ridge isn't giving a favor, you're asking them for a favor.
Example 1 (Appguard giving a discount):
Sample Member: Click the link above and get 50% off Appguard!
Example 2 (You ask for discount):
Email Person: Appguard, is there a possibility of giving a 50% off discount of my license?
It's okay for you to do this, but, honestly, I don't think this should belong in the discount section of MalwareTips, especially if this is by force. I can't force you to delete or modify this thread, but I'm just giving my advice.

alex mall

Level 1
Nov 27, 2014
Thanks for the info..I asked for 50% discount through their support within 12 hours they have replied with a discount coupon.
Good job Pivoman and Blue Ridge.

Reactions: Rishi

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
very good program I use myself and I'm happy really worth exploring even more with a lifetime license, really worth it, I would recommend.

NT Five

Level 2
Verified
Aug 11, 2015
Same here.

Sent them a message;

I like AppGuard but can't afford paying full price because I am unemployed at the moment but if you give me a 50% discount I will buy a license today.

Got my coupon code for a 50% discount within 24 hrs ! :D

Thanks Blue Ridge & Pivoman !

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
All this shows is a very accommodating vendor with obviously good support.Good support makes a good company and combined with a good product means $$$$$. A discount is a discount in my eyes.

Reactions: Rishi and XhenEd
H

hjlbx

How does it work exactly? I read their site but did not know how it works?

You have to submit request for discount to Blue Ridge Networks.

There is no 50 % discount program promoted by BRN. The way it works is that essentially it is asking for a "hand-out."

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
You have to submit request for discount to Blue Ridge Networks.

There is no 50 % discount program promoted by BRN. The way it works is that essentially it is asking for a "hand-out."
I mean how appguard works? Not the discount;)

chrcoluk

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
Given appguard's pricing is completely insane I dont blame the OP, those slamming him I suspect have lifetime licenses which used to be sold for 30usd, now annual licenses are about 40usd for just one single year. Talk about inflation. Is there a single security vendor who has switched from lifetime to annual and has reduced the pricing to compensate for the limited time period?

I have emailed them offering to buy 3 licenses for either 30usd lifetime each or 8usd per year each. Worst that can happen is they say no. I struggle to think they getting decent sales at those prices from home based users (sure for companies but not home).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
With the current state of decline is common markets, I don't think any company can no longer afford to give stuff away, I think that's why lifetime licenses are now obsolete.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

You pay for quality; if you can't, go grab Avast Free...

You are a luxury car vendor like Ferrari , would you sell a Ferrari 10 000$ like a vulgar family Dodge? i don't think so. Appguard is an high end vendor in term of security. Be lucky they do a home user version, they make more money just by selling to corporations and government agencies. Now they decided to be more present in home users marketshare, so they have to finance the cost of development.

business is simple.

chrcoluk

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
appguard is more expensive than microsoft office, lets put it into perspective.

umbra have you put your money where your mouth is, are you on annual or old lifetime license?

H

hjlbx

umbra have you put your money where your mouth is, are you on annual or old lifetime license?

Us beta testers have lifetime beta license keys. We earn every penny of the annual subscription fee through our on-going testing of AppGuard builds.

In fact, we give in return much more than the value of the subscription fee. So, in monetary terms, it is terrible deal for us beta testers and great deal for the soft vendors.

D

Deleted member 178

For your information, my mouth is full of cash :D

What difference it will make ? if i really want something , i pay the required price, if too expensive for me , i move on.
If you own a business, you would sell a product to get benefits scaled on the cost of development.

Like @hjlbx , im beta-tester for Appguard and some other vendors , and i do it for free, i don't get a salary while i deserve one for the time spent. A free year or billion years license is only the minimum to me, not a reward; it doesn't bring food to my mouth nor pay my bills.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.