Approved Windows 10 Compatible Security Products

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I am downloading the 2016 version of Kaspersky right now as I write this post, but the only fear that I have is that it might interfere with the upgrade process resulting in a crippled upgrade.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I am downloading the 2016 version of Kaspersky right now as I write this post, but the only fear that I have is that it might interfere with the upgrade process resulting in a crippled upgrade.
I think it's recommended that you uninstall AV before upgrading to Windows 10. Then, once OS is upgraded, you can install your Windows 10-compatible AV.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
All my favorite AV's are listed there. No problem here. However I won't be upgrading for a bit. Will be very busy soon (moving).

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Qihoo was one of the first to deliver a Win10 version and yet it isn't on there. That's reliable reporting right there. :rolleyes:

Before you say "They cheated!", so did Tencent yet it's on there.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Norton is always the same... last one to be compatible:(:(....

According to AVC, "We tested the security solutions participating in our public main-tests for compatibility with Windows 10."
Since Norton does not participate the main-tests of AVC, it will not appear in this list.
As I know, Norton 22.5 (including NS/NSBU/NIS/N360) is designed to be compatible with win 10.;)

Reactions: Piteko21 and Ink

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I see now EAM is compatible but not EIS, disregard the previous post lol

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I may have to uninstall EIS until it is compatible, driving me crazy, every 10 min or so it shuts off windows firewall and wants to restart to update the program but it doesn't change anything, EIS firewall simply will not work in Win 10 and it messes with Windows firewall. Hope they fix it soon

Reactions: Ink
S

SkyJP

ESET Smart Security 8 may cause an issue after installation. Access to the internet will fail and ESET will tell you that the firewall module is corrupted and will require a reinstall. Just perform a full reboot and both will function normally.

Just a heads up ;)

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
Norton is always the same... last one to be compatible:(:(....
Not true! I'm running Norton Security and I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro and everything is working totally fine.... If you go to norton forums you will find that norton security 22 is mainly the windows 10 compatibility update.

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Not true! I'm running Norton Security and I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro and everything is working totally fine.... If you go to norton forums you will find that norton security 22 is mainly the windows 10 compatibility update.
my mistake, Norton is windows 10 compatible, sorry bros;)

Reactions: randj89

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
My ESET is always there, Thanks to MT had won license few months ago ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.