Guide | How To Are You Cybersafe?

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Dee Fletcher

Thread author
Aug 18, 2014
I found this infographic the other day and I thought I'd share. I had no idea regular updates and scans were so important!
C3J5Lbg.jpg

http://programs.online.utica.edu/infographics/cybersafe-internet-security-infographic.asp

Last edited:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Very Nice :)

Remember, however, it's much better to get your email password stolen rather than a bank account password stolen, unless you pour out your personal info in emails, which I never do. When I reply to emails and/or send emails, I only put my favorite alias: Experiencedsitemaker or Chromatinfish123 as my name and only use my first name at most for replying to my friends. I will never enter my passwords, PIN, or any other priceless ID like gender, birthday, parents, and... yikes... IP address and street! :eek:

What I do, and you should do, is to treat your email service like a public chatbox like Facebook.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for these useful stats, tips, and reminders, Dee & Chromatinfish (..whom I've heard is rumored to be quite the "Experiencedsitemaker").;) Nice aliases!!:D
Thanks to you, my friends, and to this site, for keeping me far more Cybersafe than Cyber-sleeping!!:rolleyes::D

Dee Fletcher

Thread author
Aug 18, 2014
Very Nice :)

Remember, however, it's much better to get your email password stolen rather than a bank account password stolen, unless you pour out your personal info in emails, which I never do. When I reply to emails and/or send emails, I only put my favorite alias: Experiencedsitemaker or Chromatinfish123 as my name and only use my first name at most for replying to my friends. I will never enter my passwords, PIN, or any other priceless ID like gender, birthday, parents, and... yikes... IP address and street! :eek:

What I do, and you should do, is to treat your email service like a public chatbox like Facebook.

Right, I've always heard that you should never send really important personal information like social security numbers, ATM pins, or even any kind of computer passwords through emails, but I don't know about the other stuff you mentioned. I send my full name in email on a regular basis when I'm emailing in a professional manner. I highly doubt it's going to cause me any serious issues. I don't know much, but I really can't see what someone knowing my full name is going to lead to.

Have you ever known anyone who did and it resulted in some kind of cyber attack or cause some other kind of problems?

Dee Fletcher

Thread author
Aug 18, 2014
How safe/secure is it to use your mobile providers 3G/4G data connection?

I have heard that it's best not to use mobile banking from your phone. I am not sure if this is because of the networks data connection or if it's easy to break into a lost/stolen phone. Anyone else know?

Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have heard that it's best not to use mobile banking from your phone. I am not sure if this is because of the networks data connection or if it's easy to break into a lost/stolen phone. Anyone else know?
My layman MT member's gut feeling on this subject is with you, Dee.;) My wife whom makes bank transfers using our computers online, would never dare to use her Samsung Galaxy IV w/android, in part because she's just beginning to familiarize herself with this replacement smart phone which was over six months in the making of being replaced (our choice).:rolleyes: I do rejoice, now, since she's finally agreed to use LastPass's encrypted log in for our transactions while also using our 18/17 character securely generated passwords! So, the next security step shall be two, actually 2 step authentication as advised here on our site!:) Choosing not to use smart phones for these purposes leaves me feeling a bit smarter :cool: (and a lot safer) too!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.