Arindam Karmakar's Securiy Configuration 2016(updated)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest some full backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which have a good free version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei One Key backup solution, it will even help with a new partition to backup too.:)

Thanks for sharing your config. :)

Arindam Karmakar

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 15, 2015
I would like to suggest some full backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which have a good free version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD i would suggest Aomei One Key backup solution, it will even help with a new partition to backup too.:)

Thanks for sharing your config. :)
Thank you very much ...

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

advice: you should test malwares in a VM

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration with us, Arindam Karmakar!:):)

I was (initially) not going to add any suggestions as you have already been imparted with much wisdom..

Here, then, is how I enhance privacy settings in Chrome:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings,
  3. Scroll to the page's bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under "Privacy", click on the Content settings button.
  5. Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Additionally, I suggest marking the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser".
..and by using "Incognito", one shall clear history & cookies when the session is ended.;)

Last edited:

Arindam Karmakar

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 15, 2015
Thank you for sharing your configuration with us, Arindam Karmakar!:):)

I was (initially) not going to add any suggestions as you have already been imparted with much wisdom..

Here, then, is how I enhance privacy settings in Chrome:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings,
  3. Scroll to the page's bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under "Privacy", click on the Content settings button.
  5. Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Additionally, I suggest marking the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser".
..and by using "Incognito", one shall clear history & cookies when the session is ended.;)
thank you very much :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Plz Suggest me if I missed anything

Namaskaar @Arindam Karmakar ;)

Nope, all the things are covered in the posts above.

A good password manager (lastpass, Keepass, Sticky Password, etc.), backup software (time freeze, shadow defender, Rollback Rx, etc.), privacy cleaner (CCleaner, WiseCare 365, etc.), VM software (VMware player, VirtualBox, etc.), on-demand scanners, Anti-exploit (MBAE) & Anti-keylogger (spyshelter, zemania, keyscrambler, etc.).

How many have you applied?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.