Ask about Emsisoft Anti-Malware license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Anybody can answer for me a question about Emsisoft Anti-Malware license. If I have 2 license of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. 1 license has 164 days, and another license has 363 days. Can I merge two license in order to plus remaining days on it? (164 days + 363 days = 527 days)

Reactions: Maxxx58

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If licenses are activated already in some time in the past, then you should use the 363 days license, as the other one will expire sooner, both running license period from their activation time and date, no matter if they are installed and running in real time.
If not, then you can add one to another but just in case if both licenses are cumulative and one or both of them don't have a activation limit period (example : until 1.02.2015.)
Anyway, 100 companies 100 politics, you should find your answer at Emsisoft Support Team...

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
No, you can't. The software can use only one Key at a time. Once activated, even if you don't use, the license will expire. If you haven't activated any one of the license yet, then wait for the other one to expire.

Update -- Emsisoft Support allows merging. Contact them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxx58 and scot

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Once activated they cannot be merged and I strongly doubt Emsisoft will let you merge them.I would suggest you use them on 2 different PC's or go with the one that has 1 year left.I would consider not contacting Emsisoft with your question.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Merging a license may round depends on how the software implementation type made to accept it.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi All,

I contacted Emsisoft support to clarify this. Here is the reply I got from them.

"Hello, and thank you for contacting Emsisoft Support.

Yes, we can merge license keys. Just let me know which key you want to continue using, and which key you would like merged into it.

Best regards,

Arthur Wilkinson
Customer Support"

So seems the they allow merging. But you need to contact their support for that.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi All,

I contacted Emsisoft support to clarify this. Here is the reply I got from them.

"Hello, and thank you for contacting Emsisoft Support.

Yes, we can merge license keys. Just let me know which key you want to continue using, and which key you would like merged into it.

Best regards,

Arthur Wilkinson
Customer Support"

So seems the they allow merging. But you need to contact their support for that.
Sounds good :p I can contact them via support@emsisoft.com. Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.