Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Stay "mobile" with a water-cooler strapped on your laptop
ASUS announced the world's first notebook with liquid cooling at IFA 2015. Although that might sound great for some gaming enthusiasts, it's clearly not something that could even be remotely called portable.

Promising performance on-par with high-end gaming desktops thanks to it unlocked multipliers processor, the new ROG GX700 does support some serious overclocking capabilities. Powered by a quad-core Intel Core i7-6820HK processor (2.70GHz/3.60GHz, 8MB cache) the quite unique, in all aspects possible, new liquid-cooled laptop comes with a water-pump at the backside of the machine that circulates the water inside the system to cool down the flaming unlocked Skylake-H.

Graphics-wise, the machine arrives with GM204 GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 990M packing quite an impressive 8GB GDDR5 internal memory. RAM-wise, the ROG GX700 can hold up to 64GB of DDR4 memory, which is probably one of the few laptops in existence that carry the new memory standard. Users can equip the new machine with an SSD that will likely hold about 512GB, and it’s unknown if offers to swap it for a 2TB or more HDD are available from ASUS.

This fierce hunchback on roids is not going anywhere
Screen-wise, the gaming machine comes with 17” ultra-high-definition 4K (3840x2160) display with IPS panel that supports NVIDIA’s G-Sync technology. The new tech from NVIDIA synchronizes the monitor's frequency with the one from the graphics card, enabling a smooth gaming experience even at very low-performance framerates.

However, ASUS thinks that you can't have a monster like this work in perfect condition without another monster plugged in the back of the laptop to cool everything down. The water-pump is an accessory that can be unplugged when users attempt to transport the new laptop. As it's unknown how much TDP the new water pump can remove from the system, we can imagine that while the whole system can churn a TDP of 200W, the water pump has a lot of work to do.

No pricing or availability has been announced by ASUS, but we can imagine the price going much higher than $3000 (€2670).

asus-rog-gx700-is-the-world-s-first-liquid-cooled-laptop-with-4k-lcs-490799-2.jpgasus-rog-gx700-is-the-world-s-first-liquid-cooled-laptop-with-4k-lcs-490799-3.jpg

Oh my!!! :)

I

illumination

While i absolutely love my ROG, there is no way i would want to get that one and even try to be portable with it :D

I

illumination

I knew you would like this :D It is something to behold though!
It is for sure, those specs are amazing.. It looks in the picture to still have the dual fan cooling system as well, which would be enough to use it portable for working without the cooler, then once home, and feet kicked up, one could plug in the cooler and have a blast gaming.. Im sure price wise though, it is something i will never be able to swing, i did good getting the one i have now.

D

Deleted member 178

lol

i have an exclusive info from Asus.

the next laptop model will include a mobile nitrogen tank, of course a truck driving license is required to buy it.

GgXfqGQ.jpg

:D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
990M would like to see how performs. Rumors say that it will be as fast as 980M in SLI. In all it's glory and awesomeness I would rather be an owner of more sleek laptop. This is just bulky and cumbersome for my taste :D

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.