Kaspersky - Kaspersky Internet Security
Fav. Videogame
PC - Guild Wars

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone, my name is Aura and I'm from HF (and also LSx and other minor forums).

I joined malwaretips.com after seeing that a tutorial on HF have been quoted on this website, and I was quite flattered with it. Also, I look up a lot of tutorials and link them to people that wants to know how to remove a certain malware when I don't have the time (unfortunately) to assist them. So I thought the least I could do would be to sign up on this website and see what it looks lik.

So my name is Yoan, I'm 20 and I'm from Québec, Canada. English isn't my native language obviously (it's French, for the people who haven't guessed yet !), but I've been speaking/typing/reading in English long enough to be considered almost bilingual (at least, from where I come and where I live). I'm actually in a IT/CS technique program in Cégep (Cégep is part of Québec's scholar system, look it up on Google if you don't know what it is) and I've been in this program for 2 years and a half now, that means, I have another year to do then I'll get my DEC (Diplôme d'Études Collégiales). After this, I'll be going to University where I'll get a BAC in either IT or CS, I'm not sure yet. But I think I'll go in IT as it covers me the Cyber-Security domain in computing then CS. My ultimate goal is to become a Cyber-Security Expert and work for either the govermnment or a Cyber-Security firm, it's my dream and I'll learn anything I have to do in order to achieve it ! However, I intend to spend more time on programming, as I want to start coding utilities that will be useful for Windows for general troubleshooting, but also for White Hat Hacking (Security utilities). The languages I know are in my signature, below if you want to check it out. My two strong programming languages are C# (the first one I learned) and Java (the one I learned the hard way), but even there, I'm still a beginner in these languages. I'm also pretty decent at PHP and MySQL, despite the fact that I don't really like web developping. Two months ago, I finished a tier 2 Technical Support internship in one of Québec's biggest company, and this is an internship that is part of my ATE (Alternance Travail-Études) program. I've been working there as an intern from the 3rd of June, and I was supposed to finish on the 20th of December, but they extended me till January 17th (about a week before I start my next semester). Now for this summer, I'm back at that same entreprise for another summer internship ! I have countless threads with questions and issues closed to my name on other forums, and I intend to have a lot more ! My most active sections are usually the White Hat Help and Windows sections, that I post in everyday and also provide help in everyday. I assist around 3-4 people per day remotely via Teamviewer and do a full clean-up of the system (but I don't do it anymore due to me being a GTG training) of at least 1 or 2 members per day too. I also have a lovely girlfriend, she's a year younger than me (so 18), and she's also British (oh my god, that accent <3). So naturally, I always speaks in English with her.

That was a long wall of text, sorry that I make you go through that. Long story short, I'm an tier 2 Technical Support intern for a big company and I specialize in Windows Troubleshooting and Malware Removal (currently halted due to my training) and I offer assistance on different forums in these domains. It's more than just a hobby, it's a passion, a passion that I want to transform into my future job and work in it for my whole life.

I guess that pretty much sums up who I am and what I do, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Thank you.

Reactions: Malware1 and Oxygen

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Welcome, I wanna do my PhD in Computer Security (I hope to start this year or next one)

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Reactions: Oxygen

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I graduate in Computer Science, I've been working with a few AV companies then I started developing tools and I went to "World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society", then I started my company. I love to learn, work really hard. Now I am working on a new security product, it will be FREE (in the end) and will have a new unique technology.

Reactions: Malware1

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Very welcome to MT and i am sure that if you keep this up your dream might become real.

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I graduate in Computer Science, I've been working with a few AV companies then I started developing tools and I went to "World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society", then I started my company. I love to learn, work really hard. Now I am working on a new security product, it will be FREE (in the end) and will have a new unique technology.

I honestly totally envy you. I wish I was more into Programming as my program is way more CS-oriented than IT-oriented.
Right now, I know C#, Java, ASP.NET, PHP, HTML/CSS, SQL/MySQL mostly. I want to get into C++ as I could create tools for troubleshooting and mini-Antimalware that doesn't have any dependencies and therefore could be portable.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!! Hope you stay active in the forums

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!! Hope you stay active in the forums

Thank you exterminator. HF and LSx are already taking up a lot of my time, but I can see a lot of advantage for me here so I'll be as active as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.