Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Browser Add-ons:
pd4SL84.jpg

Last edited:
I

illumination

You must have good luck... when i have that many addons firefox doesn't even work anymore.
Goodluck, im thinking he is running a turbo charged V8 under the hood of that computer... :D

Aurora

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Memory Fox is helping a lot. Max memory usage of Firefox is around 450MB, on average is 100-250MB.;)
My Mid-range pc info: i5 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz, 16gb of ram, Windows and programs on SSD, AMD 7870.
Btw, is it posible to re-edit the configuration of first post? :D

I

illumination

Memory Fox is helping a lot. Max memory usage of Firefox is around 450MB, on average is 100-250MB.;)
My Mid-range pc info: i5 overclocked to 4.5 Ghz, 16gb of ram, Windows and programs on SSD, AMD 7870.
Btw, is it posible to re-edit the configuration of first post? :D
It is possible, you have to contact one of the staff members to have them edit it for you, as they are the only ones that can at this time.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Image and Spoiler tags do not work on the Security Config, I moved them to the thread where they are easy to read.

Enjoy!! :D

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Nice config, looks good, wow those add-ons! you must be running it on very good computer o_O
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Aurora

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I know Panda is good... but maybe you can try ESET for a lighter, faster, and more efficient protection.

I envy your addons! I can't do that on my slow netbook!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
One hella of a lot of processes, I guess that's the downside of going with the top of the range security products. Anti-Spam, Web Filtering and Firewall processes are usually separated from the rest. As long as it's not intensive for daily use, then your security looks good. Not sure I'd use Malwarebytes Premium on real-time, and same with the Firefox add-ons, but fair enough, each to their own.

Aurora

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks... I disabled Malwarebytes real-time protection (it's overkill indeed:D)...

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Eset only uses two processes, one is ESET main gui - around 2.7 MB, and ESET Service - around 55-75 MB when idle.

Truly, ESET has more memory usage, but it is a lot lighter and faster than Panda. ESET scans are also much much faster. And the protection- much better.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Agree with the replies above.Thanks for sharing your Config :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why do you have the Premium version of Malwarebytes if you only use it on-demand?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.