Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Tip of the Day Many people think that 'formatting' a hard drive will wipe out all the data so it cannot be recovered
    Not so. To prevent the possibility of future recovery, use a third-party, low-level hard drive formatting tool, such as Killdisk (downloadable at no charge from www.killdisk.com) to overwrite data on the hard drive with a random sequence of 1's and 0's.

Auslogics Disk Defrag, Defraggler Or Smart Defrag

Discussion in 'War Room' started by win7holic, May 24, 2011.

?

Auslogics Disk Defrag, Defraggler or Smart Defrag?

1. Auslogics Disk Defrag

62.2%
  2. Defraggler

24.4%
  3. Smart defrag

13.3%
  1. win7holic

win7holic

between, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Defraggler and smart defrag.

Which you have chosen as an effective defragmenter? ,
    and what is the reason you chose it?
  2. moonshine

moonshine Active Member

Out of all the 3 choices you've mentioned, I choose Smart Defrag since It has Automatic Defrag, Boot time Defrag and can optimize your hard drive, Plus its fast and free, What's not to like? Auslogics is good for a basic defragger that can optimize your hard drive, Defraggler includes Boot time but it has no option optimize your hard drive,
  3. win7holic

win7holic

then,
    what you're currently using to defrag your HD, boxx28?
  4. moonshine

moonshine Active Member

I'm using Puran Defrag. Its free and works just as good as Smart Defrag. I just like Puran more.
  5. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert Staff Member

i used perfect disk and really like it, then i tried almost all the free defragger available. the 3 best for me are : Smart Defrag, Puran and Mydefrag.

mydefrag can use your own script but the interface is "ugly", Puran and smart defrag have the same options than Perfect Disk.

since Iobit seems good to be "inspired" by other vendor, i hope that Smart Defrag is inspired by Perfect Disk :p

seriously , i use Smart Defrag than Puran, just for the interface.
  6. eXPerience

eXPerience Regular Member

UltimateDefrag :p (there's a free version also)

eXp
  7. marsellus

marsellus Regular Member

Hi. I use Auslogics Disk Defrag and do not complain. Very well serves its purpose :D
  8. mashal

mashal New Member

Hello. I like Smart defrag. This software is very usefull and easy for work.
  9. The Analogue Kid

The Analogue Kid New Member

I use Smart Defrag 2, basically everyone seems to have a high opinion of it.
  10. Vextor

Vextor Regular Member

Ausologics. Defraggler is a bit too cluttered and I have never used iObit products (Smart Defrag etc) for two reasons:
    1) MBAM Signature Stealing. I know, I know, it was ages ago but my respect went
    2) I tried another one of iObit's products and it ruined my Vista install forcing me onto Ubuntu which was screwed up until a I got a
    new comp or Windows 7 as my Vista CD's didn't work
  11. bogdan

bogdan Administrator Staff Member

Auslogics is really fast, Smart Defrag has many features. The choice depends on your tastes, both are good products.
  12. Valentin N

Valentin N Regular Member

I would go smart defrag; the time I used it it did well and what it should do. Auslogics Disk Defrag is also go but has few options. I personally use Puran. Defraggler is something I haven't tried
  13. HeffeD

HeffeD Super Moderator

I see a free trial, but not a free version. Can you provide a link?
  14. eXPerience

eXPerience Regular Member

here you go = http://download.cnet.com/UltimateDefrag-Freeware-Edition/3000-2094_4-10582157.html

eXp
  15. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

http://www.disktrix.com/downloads/UltimateDefragFREEPublicDomainEditionSetup.exe

The freeware version is just as good as the paid version but has some limited features for customization. However it doesn't affect basic defragging.

I personally believe that Auslogics, Puran Freeware, UltimateDefrag Freeware, SmartDefrag, Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp and Defraggler are comparable, it all depends on individual customizations. With so many excellent freeware defraggers, it would be insane to buy one.

My two favorites are Auslogics and Puran Freeware. I use both on different systems.

Thanks.:D
  16. HeffeD

HeffeD Super Moderator

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.
  17. Gnosis

Gnosis Well-Known Member

I prefer SmartDefrag 2 for three reasons:

1. Real Time Defragmentation

2. Boot Time Defragmentation

3. Great Interface Design.
  18. Jack

Jack Administrator Staff Member

Right now I'm using Auslogics Disk Defrag, main reason : Speed.
    With Auslogics the analysis and defragmentation are really faster when compared with Defraggler.

A usefull feature that I've notice in Auslogics and didn't see in Defraggler is the "Optimize" feature which will optimize your hard drives' file system to gain even higher performance.

[​IMG]

Note : I've just installed Smart Defrag, so I can't comment yet.
  19. Jack

Jack Administrator Staff Member

Ok so I have installed Smart Defrag and the first thing that I've notice was : IObit
    anyway... I've downloaded the installer and run it....Quick tip : Be very carefull when installing Smart Defrag...
    [attachment=309]
    [attachment=310]
    [attachment=314]

Like a true newbie I've just click "Yes" ,"Yes" ... and I've manage to install the toolbar (who is still using those in 2011?...... :dodgy: )

[attachment=311]

[attachment=312]

I also don;t like the fact that by default Smart Defrag runs in the backround (as part of it's Automatic Defragmentation feature) and when you want to remove Smart Defrag from your system the toolbar isn't removed.....

[attachment=315]

The UI just like in Defraggler seems very "old fashion" and dosen't really have anything modern into it.

I'll keep trying Smart Defrag .....maybe I'll see something that I like..... :angel:

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      47 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      88.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      63 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    • 32.png
      32.png
      File size:
      79.7 KB
      Views:
  20. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert Staff Member

uncheck auto defrag, so when you will close it, the process will disappear.

for the interface still nicer than Puran ^^

off topic: its is good that is Iobit, maybe Smart Defrag uses Perfect Disk Engine... hahaha