Solved Auslogics Disk Defrag parameter is incorrect 0x80070057

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Auslogics Disk Defrag When i try and schedule Wizard I get parameter is incorrect 0x80070057

xdZLlud.png

I have looked here http://www.eightforums.com/performa...-1-defrag-parameter-incorrect-0x80070057.html

But i really don't know how to fix this. If i could get some help on how to fix this issue would help me alot

I have run sfc /scannow and Disk check with No Errors

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Same result
In cases where complete removal and re-installation does not help, then there is no problem with thisdefrgleris but your Windows this is damaged ..
Complete removal means that you also remove all related keys from the registry, as well as all the shortcuts.
You have to remove also all scheduled tasks that is associated with this program. (from windows scheduled task manager)
=But the warning is, that usually all it do not give the results and all finishes so - you are needed to install Windows again. Because Windows is actually damaged.
Probably you have created this problem themselves, rather than the other programs.
= And yet, you will usually receive error messages even when you open only:
Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Administrative Tools => Task Scheduler
In cases. If you do not get error messages when you open it (only it and manually), it is probably the easiest case - you just have to do a bit cleaning and settings work. Somewhere in the settings is something wrong or an incorrect entry is in the registry või... / And no one knows what else may be /

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
In cases where complete removal and re-installation does not help, then there is no problem with thisdefrgleris but your Windows this is damaged ..

My Windows is fine kaljukass As i just reformatted yesterday everything is Good. So are u trying to Help me or just trying to tell me my Windows is Damaged, Do u have the urge to write up a whole thing that i I'm at fault here and everybodys computers are damaged. SO would u like to try again and help me please

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@ImtheBest I did the same research with that error code, and saw that it could mean the Windows' System Reserved (~100MB) partition could be damaged. Try doing what's suggested, it may help you (and us), find a solution. ;)

Upvote 0

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
My Windows is fine kaljukass As i just reformatted yesterday everything is Good. So are u trying to Help me or just trying to tell me my Windows is Damaged, Do u have the urge to write up a whole thing that i I'm at fault here and everybodys computers are damaged. SO would u like to try again and help me please
Dear guy, I'm sorry, if I'm bothering you.. But I thought you were asking for advice.
The wise asks always advice and the foolish always knows exactly, what to do.
I thought, you were smart, and you ask for advice, and then make own decisions of what to do.
But now operate on yourself. I can't give you any more help, because you are wise by yourself.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I Just want to Say i Apologize kaljukass. I will do a Reinstall of Windows 8.1 and then install defrag again

Sorry m8 just little frustrated Now did a reinstall yesterday cuz of a problem and now that's that fixed. find out i have to do it again

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK so i just want to get back to Huracan and kaljukass. Thank u guys for your help and support. So i got a good guide on the issue to this Error. In the same words sort of the same thing kaljukass was saying to me. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2476568

Followed that and it worked fine now. Did it on a 1TB HDD Drive tho Not my 2TB Drive So i will do that same way on the 2TB HDD drive.

Also in Fact i know some programs are not allowing 2TB drives or over do to higher capacity not able to do a Optmztion defrag or schedule. I know in Tuneup 2014 it does not allow and that might be the case in the other format i did on the 2TB drive. But i will not know not doing the method i did on the 1TB as of yet. So i will get back with the results

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
So I'm back and guess what? My 2TB HDD drive worked did the steps i followed in the link my friend gave me and defrag program is working like a charm.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.