Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumaran

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013
This test focuses only on the malware removal/cleaning capabilities, therefore all samples used were samples that the tested anti-virus products were able to detect. It has nothing to do with detection rates or protection capabilities. Of course, if an anti-virus is not able to detect the malware, it is also not able to remove it. The main question is if the products are able to successfully remove malware from an already infected system. The test report is aimed to typical home users and not administrators or advanced users who may have the knowledge for advanced/manual malware removal/repair procedures. Most often users come with infected PC's with no (or outdated) AV-software to computer repair stores. The methodology used considers this situation: an already infected system that needs to be cleaned. Malware Removal Tests

XK70aDcK.png

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I'd like to congratulate Avast!, Avira and AVG freebees for their high ratings. I do not personally believe in these kind of "paid-to-the-top" tests and rankings, yet, glad to see 3A (Avast,Avira,AVG) is still working hard and still good at some point! :) Fair challenge always nice to watch ;)

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Avast 2016 will have improved security :) Not everything is in on the current beta.

Sample 22 "Shutdowner Trojan" defeated everyone :) It seems they do not consider shutdowns as malicious.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I knew Kaspersky is the best at removal, DR.WEB is in second.

As Avast Free user, I'm happy to see they improved. I hope the 2016 version will be even better.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No more surprise for Kaspersky as its been proven for high quality removal process, which why one of the recommended tools under of bootable Rescue CD next to Dr.Web.

Others are fine but for sure they primarily focus on prevention rather in removal since its the crucial point as the results shows clearly.

Reactions: Solarquest
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.