Untitled.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 551
Reactions: Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
I personally do not like 360, i use Avast Premier. Much lighter, i cannot put something like 360 on here, too much slowdown.

And also the license goes until September, about 176 days left. Got it for free from a giveaway by the way on MT. :)

And i think Avast has something bigger planned for 2016 generations.

H

hjlbx

Order a test from @Malware1 then :)

He's one I included in "a certain group of MT members."

In any case, if you review the test results you will see that, for example, Avira is given a higher protection rating than ESET.

Now, from my experience, even at default settings I can tell you with absolute certainty that ESS protects the system much...much...better than Avira.

Run a bad script using Avira and see what it gets you.

Avira will whistle Dixie while your system goes down.

On my system I see a difference between what the AV test labs report and how softs actually perform. As far as detection, I think the labs are fairly accurate.

When it comes to performance (system impact) and ease-of-use, from what I see, it is not accurate...at least on my system.

I would much prefer if the tested softs using both default and maximum settings.

I think it would reveal some interesting things regarding both protection and performance.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Im running Avast as i said and never got infected :)

But Avira is crap. One of my school class is infected while running Avira Pro.

H

hjlbx

Hehehe... it must have been merely a file-URL detection with some Mark tests thrown-in.

I don't even bother to read the test methodology any longer.

All that matters is how an AV performs on my specific system.

Afterall, a soft like BitDefender absolutely will not work on my specific system whereas others work OK and still others work great.

The published AV test lab results are merely a guide.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A little off topic but what is the difference between 360 AV and 360 IS?
And another thing noway ESET should get 4 in performance.
When i had installed was much lighter than other programs, just my opinion.

H

hjlbx

I'd bet if the AV test labs used laptops with OEM Windows installs the results would turn out quite different.

Just sayin' ... :cool:

Reactions: Piteko21
S

starchild76

I do not add to much value , to these so called " independant " test labs the best results usualy go to the vendors who are willing to cough up the most dough to get better results ( this is mentioned a gazillion times before by most of the users here on MT. ) sure , some results are true.but it does not matter if you have bitdefender or kaspersky or other powerfull suite , loads of users who have these loaded on their systems still get infected , because they are clickhappy. the most vital part in your defensive mechanism is your brain. so a 50 dollar a year suite is no guarantee staying safe for most people who disregard the most basic and vital surfing habbits.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Can anyone tell me the difference between 360 AV and 360 IS?
Thanks in advance for your answers

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
This test smells fishy.
Anyways, I think AV-Test got its naming wrong. I think qhioo AV is the old Qihoo IS now called Qihoo TS Essential.
while Qihoo IS in this test is Qihoo Total Security. I think it works the same way for its Chinese version

Reactions: tonibalas

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
It's just a test people, seriously. It doesn't mean uber AV is better than Xiangkiaoooo AV.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I think if a certain group of MT members performed the tests none of the AV softs could ever hope to pass. :D

I have already suggested this but it was rejected
These tests like AV-Test , AV Comparatives etc.... are definitely NOT trustworthy, i never trust these kind of tests.
MalwareTips is a huge community and includes very capable malware hunters and reviewers, i hope one day our wishes come true

As about the specific AV-Test i have nothing more to say than Kaspersky, and Bitdefender scored AGAIN 100% and they beat Eset even on performance.........maybe in another planet o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.