Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I haven't used or tested Avast 2015, but I run 360 on my mother laptop and it's a great security product. I think you would be hard pushed to beat it if I'm honest.

Reactions: Šovelén

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
360 has more processes running in the background (5 processes if I'm not wrong) and consumes more memory. Avast has two processes and consumes less memory. Both are light, yet 360 is lighter. However, during updates Avast is lighter because of its streaming updates. 360's updates consumes more CPU because of BitDefender's large update files.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
360 has more processes running in the background (5 processes if I'm not wrong) and consumes more memory. Avast has two processes and consumes less memory. Both are light, yet 360 is lighter. However, during updates Avast is lighter because of its streaming updates. 360's updates consumes more CPU because of BitDefender's large update files.

In my brother's computer TS beta got 2 process running only. about 35mb ram usage.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
For me I would suggest avast! 2015. I have been using avast! for the past two weeks and have found very little system impact. The protection is especially tough if you enable hardened mode - I have set mine at aggressive and it works very well. The only system impact will be in the first 20-20 minutes when avast! is installing the virtual desktop(s) for NG, after this all settles down.

Tony :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
According to the Performance Tests posted by AV-Comparatives, avast! is marginally better than Qihoo 360. However, depending on your own system hardware and other real-time software and / or background services your results will differ, from the report below.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/

Different configurations of the two security software also may affect performance. Always read the help files or descriptions before changing a setting in your Antivirus.

Last edited:

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
According to the Performance Tests posted by AV-Comparatives, avast! is marginally better than Qihoo 360. However, depending on your own system hardware and other real-time software and / or background services your results will differ, from the report below.
http://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/

Different configurations the two security software also may affect performance. Always read the help files or descriptions before changing a setting in your Antivirus.
True! Qihoo 360 has better proactive defense,anti-key,anti-webcam logger protection which avast lacks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.