Battle Avast 7 Free vs Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.0 Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
What do you think is better (detection (on-demand / on-access), disinfection, use resources etc.)?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
I only think Panda cloud free to be a companion Av not the pro version since it lacks protection if there is no internet Connection (This is my personal opinion)

If by design PCAV was never intended to be a companion AV, it never will be.

You just run the risk of having incompatibility issues, that will be neither AV vendors fault.

meihofer

Jul 18, 2012
Here's my problem with avast, And they even mentioned it on there website

"Despite our huge user base, AVAST remains a company with just 208 employees."
So 208 employees for over the 150 million customers being protected... Somebody figure out the math there and find the ratio of how many customers per a employee. ^^ Just saying.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
meihofer said:

So 208 employees for over the 150 million customers being protected... Somebody figure out the math there and find the ratio of how many customers per a employee. ^^ Just saying.

Not agree,
Company with less but skilled employs produce good result in compare to company which have less skilled but more employees.

sahilwaste

Apr 24, 2012
i think Avast is better, i am not against cloud AV's but my point is what if you dont have a internet conection and you've to scan a thumb drive or any other media.

sahilwaste

Apr 24, 2012
Stranger said:
meihofer said:

Not agree,
Company with less but skilled employs produce good result in compare to company which have less skilled but more employees.
totally agree with Stranger, what matters the most is what level of skills they have not there numbers. and as meihofer said they are 208 over 150 million customers, we can estimate there quality of product, and dedication towords there job. Even i am a avast user and the happy one. :)

D

Deleted member 178

sahilwaste said:
and as umbrapolaris said they are 208 over 150 million customers, we can estimate there quality of product, and dedication towords there job. Even i am a avast user and the happy one. :)

i said that ? :D (my virus works better than i thought :p )

sahilwaste

Apr 24, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
sahilwaste said:
and as umbrapolaris said they are 208 over 150 million customers, we can estimate there quality of product, and dedication towords there job. Even i am a avast user and the happy one. :)

i said that ? :D (my virus works better than i thought :p )
i am really sorry, umbrapolaris. its not you,i edited it now. :(

P

Plexx

So I wonder who has the cure.

Nevertheless, it is indeed good to see more and more users using CIS and more users searching the net for guides etc. Means users are trying to self educate themselves.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
McLovin said:
The Aussie voice sounds nothing like an Aussie.

Well,i have just put pirate voice on my family's members avast free...

here is a screenshot :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    163.7 KB · Views: 521

spleentechie

Jun 25, 2012
They aren't really comparable. Avast! uses a signature based virus database while Panda is a cloud AV. Avast! offers a lot more features then Panda in it's free version. If I would have to compare my vote would go to Avast! because it has more features and has better detection rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.